Chapter 10: After A Year

It's been a year.

today is the start of our summer vacation. Next year will be our graduation, one more year of studying and I am done with it. Graduation!!!!

Today we are going to a resort and I am here with my siblings. Nich and I have to go our separate ways this summer. He is back in France for his father and I am with my siblings.

****

I was laying on my bed and I received a call from my boy. I mean Nich "Hey what's up? How are you? Are you ok?" Nich asked me like I am a toddler. I placed my phone near me, on top of a pillow. "I'm ok and you? How are you?" He smiled at me and said "Oh baby, this is the best day ever. I and my dad did the things we used to do when I was a kid. Eat ice cream, play in an arcade, go to the carnival, play Nintendo together..... it is the best day of the year!!!!!!" I can see the happiness on his face. He loves his dad. I smiled and he smiled brighter than the sun. His smile made me so happy and gave me the power to get through the whole day.

****

"Nich, do you accept Abby as your wife?" His smile is as rich as the richest man in the world I do" and the wedding speaker continued "Abby, do you accept Nich as your husband?" My tears fell and I answered I do"

The speaker said, "I now announce you as husband and wife" everyone was clapping their hands. We were about to kiss. We were 5 inches apart. Until......

"Abby wake up!!! Abby!!! Abby!!!" My idiot brother was screaming at me. And I opened my eyes "shut up!!!" He looked at me like there is something very insulting about what I said. "Get up! We have an appointment with henry martin today for the contract signing of your songs. Can't you remember? It's ok if you don't want to. That's better." I forgot it is my big day. Today, I will sign a contract with levo recordings for my songs it is very important to me. I replied "no!!! I want to!"

Darn it! I was just dreaming! I thought Nich and I were married. But soon we will be.... now I knew why my face was different and Nich's face was different.

****

We were in the studio and everything in there was so cool! It was everything I dreamed of. Microphones, headsets, and recording desktops.

"Oh hello there you must be Abby, hello Abby I am Justin Mcscraf welcome to levo studio." A fat man introduced himself. I smiled and he took us to the office of the CEO. "Hello Abby, welcome to levo studio where you can make your dreams come true. You are one of those teenagers that signed up online for the artist search am I right? Well you made it to the top 10 here is the contract and it's good to go we are just waiting for your sign over your printed name" he gave me a paper with a million letters. I sat on a chair and read every single word oi it then I signed it and gave it to the fat man. The CEO said "thank you so much.... you can explore in the whole studio before the recording starts...

🎵cause you said forever now I drive alone past your street. Yeah, you said forever now I drive alone past your street🎵 "bravo! You are better than the original singer" our trainer said and everyone clapped their hands for me. That time, I was overwhelmed.

****

"Ok, so the organization decided that there are only 6 finalists and only 4 winners so if I mentioned your name congratulations because you are in the top 6 finalists but if not, you can go home now." My heart was filled with doubt. I was so nervous until... "Francine Abigail peters congratulations" oh my god!!! I made it!!! Now a finalist!!! I sat on a long chair with the other finalists "ok girls, first of all, congratulations but you need to sing one more song for the top 6 battle.

🎵you want me, I want you, baby, my sugar boo was regarding, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah! I got you moonlight you're my starlight....🎵 after singing, our trainer finally announced the top 4 winners. ok so there are only 4 winners and the other 2 aspiring artists, I'm sorry but you have to go home now." She smiled and started announcing the winners. There were already 4 names called but my name wasn't called yet. "I'm sorry Abby and Eula but you two are eliminated." Ok, I am eliminated. I should have done better.

****

"So how was the artist search?" Nich smiled at me and I smiled but I wasn't speaking "hey, is there something wrong?" He said gently and I said "no, I am so ok there is nothing wrong" he looked at me like he's not satisfied with my answer. "Abby, I know you...." well I got to tell him the truth even if I don't want to well, he is my boyfriend. "I wasn't in the top 4" he smiled at me and said "Levo studio is not the only recording company in the world, it's ok baby don't be sad. Be happy!" And he made a funny face at me. I laughed and he said "see, you're laughing now... always remember that it's ok not to be ok" I smiled at him and said, "yes sir!" We both laughed. "Goodnight Abby sleep well." I replied to him "same to you... goodnight baby." My eyes closed...