Chapter 15: Café

While we were driving to the hotel, I saw a café and it reminded me of Nich's café. Since there's not a lot of people in the café, I decided to go there

"Hi miss Francine how can I help you?"

Well, the barista did recognize me. "Ummm.... a cup of cafe latté please"

He nodded his head and a little girl tapped me "hello miss Francine, can I take a selfie with you?" She whispered in a small and cute voice.

"Sure!!"

I saw the happiness on her face. She ran to her mom and showed us our picture. I remember when I was in high school I was like her when I was a fan of Billie I just really can't believe that I am now the person that people are being a fan of. I was scrolling on my phone and the barista gave me my order.

Wow! It tastes so good!

****

I decided to go back to the café after a week because I found out that their coffee was really popular in Switzerland and it was the number 1 coffee shop in their country.

I sat on a chair in front of a table. There was this familiar voice.....

"Ummm..... just a cup of an ordinary coffee."

I looked back at me to see who was talking

Because of what I saw, I don't know what to feel. Am I going to be happy because he's here???? Or am I sad because I'm kind of forgetting him these days and he showed up

In a second, he looked at me and smiled.

We said each other's names at the same time.

"Nich?"

-"Abby?"

I smiled even though I don't know what I feel. "What are you doing here?" I asked him and it feels like he doesn't know what to say. "Remember our coffee shop in Los Angeles? Well, this is a branch."

Wow!!!! I'm glad that he is successful and at the same time, I was also sad because he's here

"You? What are you doing here?"

I answer "well, I just want a cup of coffee"

He replied, "so how are you?"

Seriously? He's asking me a question like that. I tried to end our conversation by saying "Ummm... my driver is here now, so I think I need to go now. See you around? Maybe..." I was walking to the door and he stopped me by grabbing my hand and he said in a serious voice "Abby it was nice to see you again." I smiled at him and didn't answer.

When I was in the car that's where I realized I forgot the coffee that I ordered. Darn it! I already paid for that!

I looked at the café again and I was looking at Nich. Nothing has changed about him. He's still wearing a pair of glasses and he's still cute. Maybe it's just that he has a more muscular body now that makes him look like a real man. He's really cute in an Americana suit.

Am I ok? I think I am happy.....