lovely

Lovely by Billie Eilish, Khalid

__________

Y/N's POV

The sound of my phone ringing loudly woke me up abruptly. I mindlessly grabbed my phone from the table before answering the call. I absolutely have no clue who's calling because my vision have yet to adjust to my surroundings. I probably shouldn't have stayed up so late last night.

"Where the hell are you? The team meeting starts in fifteen minutes." Athena asked frantically.

My eyes widened when I realized that I overslept. I must've forgotten to set my alarm after I got off FaceTime with Florence.

I situated myself in a seated position, "Shit, I overslept. I'll be there before the meeting starts. Can you please try to stall for as long as you can?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Great, you're the best. Thank you."

As soon as I ended the call, I shuffled my way to the bathroom and did my morning routine. I didn't have time to make a decent breakfast so I went with a quick toast and made myself coffee. I took a quick glance at my watch, indicating that I have eight minutes until the meeting starts.

I ran outside toward the bus stop, which is only a couple of feet away from my flat. Luckily for me, I made it just in time before the bus could leave. I panted like I've been running for five miles as I comfortably took a seat in the middle.

Y/N
i'm on the bus now
i should be there in five minutes

athena 🤩
okay
jack's not here yet so you should be good

I released the biggest breath I didn't know I was holding after reading that message. I chuckled to myself remembering the hours on end that Florence and I spent talking on the phone. I find it funny that she couldn't stop telling me how excited she was when her new stand mixer came in the mail. She couldn't wait the next morning to try it out, so she ended up giving me her own little baking show.

I pulled out my phone and decided to shoot her a text.

Y/N
thanks to you, i'm running a little late to work 😤
hope those cookies were worth it lol

flo 💩
they were
i wish you were here to try it
it's soooo good 🤤

Y/N
just come back to London and make me some 😓

flo 💩
i wish 🤧
filming has been super hectic here
they are really making me work my ass off

Y/N
aww, you poor thing
when do you fly back here?

flo 💩
i have no idea
maybe in six months?

Y/N
i'll be waiting for your return then 😇

flo 💩
you better!
you left so sudden
and you didn't even say goodbye
you were supposed to show me around LA 🥺

Y/N
how about I treat you to dinner?
how's that sound?
obviously when you get back here

flo 💩
i would love that

Y/N
great
now hurry up and come back here
you also still need to show me around