fOoL fOr YoU

fOoL fOr YoU by Zayn Malik

________

Y/N's POV

It's been three days since I got back from Hawaii. Three days since I spoke to Lizzie. I've seen paparazzi pictures that she arrived at LAX yesterday. Just like the night before I left to fly back to LA, and the morning of, my calls were ignored. I expected this. I'm not exactly in a position to judge what she chooses to do. I blew her off without an explanation. There's no excuse for my actions. I made her upset and she's giving me the cold shoulder. I would've done the same.

But, today is the day I get to see her again. I'm hoping that I get a chance to explain myself and give her some answers because I know deep down she's wondering why I didn't show up that night. I should've known better. I should've done better.

I'm eager, yet anxious to go to work. I don't know if the second she sees me, she'll keep her distance, or she'll give me a chance to talk to her. Either way, it's driving me to the very edge of my limit. All I want is to make things right if that's even possible.

"Hold the elevator!" I yelled, shuffling my way toward it. Luckily, I made it just in time. To my surprise, there she was standing before me. "Elizabeth..."

Her gaze didn't meet mine and it made my heart ache. I could tell by her complexion that I'm the last person she expected to see. Hell, wanted to see. It doesn't take a second look to realize that. But, then again, I can't really blame her. I hurt her.

"How was the flight back?" I asked carefully, afraid that she'll explode on me for making small talk. I know she's not fond of them, especially when she's mad.

"Fine." Lizzie replied bluntly.

"Oh, that's good." There was a moment of silence. "Listen, I just want to say how sorry I am for not showing up that night. I should've called or texted to let you know I couldn't make it. But, instead, I left you without saying anything. I should've known better. You didn't deserve waiting, and wondering where the hell I've been or if I'm okay. I know that feeling all too well."

Lizzie didn't say anything. I didn't expect her to. But, at least she's listening and I'm getting the chance to speak my feelings and what I've been dying to tell her ever since I left.

"Like I've said, you don't need to apologize. I get it."

"I know, but I just wanted to—"

"What? To apologize so you can make yourself feel better for leaving me there hours on end?"

"Lizzie..."

"Listen, Y/N, I'll get over it. Just like I would have to when you left a day early to fly back to LA without saying anything."

"Without saying anything?" I asked. "I called you a couple of times the night before, but I figured you wanted some space, so I didn't push further. And then, I tried again the next morning to let you know that I was leaving even though I knew you weren't going to answer. I even told your assistant to tell you I was leaving."

"What?"

"You didn't really think I was going to leave without saying something?"

"Can you blame me for thinking that way? You made me wait for hours without saying anything."

I placed my hand on her shoulder, "I know, and I'm truly sorry for putting you through that. I messed up. Please, tell me what I can do to fix things between us."

"Y/N..."

I stood in front of her, my gaze locked against her emerald eyes, "Listen, I know the last couple of days have been rough for you and that's completely my fault. But, I want you to know, despite what went down during those days, I don't regret anything that happened between us. I want you to know that."