All I Ask

All I Ask by Adele

________

Lizzie's POV

After the accident, the production team cancelled the rest of the schedule for the entire week. Everyone was shaken up, but more so worried that a staff member could've died. No one was to blame, but of course, the safety team felt as though it was their responsibility. I didn't say much when the emergency team meeting happened because my mind was elsewhere. All I could think about was her well-being, and if she's doing okay.

I've tried to visit more than a couple of times, but every time I tried, Florence's there. And during those times, I would stand outside the door, contemplating my decision, conflicted out of mind. Just like the previous days I've spent doing the same routine, I end up leaving. I feel like I don't belong there.

My thoughts controlled in the worst way possible. I didn't even realize I was spacing out until the coffee overflowed from my cup. I picked myself up, and cleaned the mess that I made. But, even after doing that I went back to my thoughts. I couldn't get the image of Y/N being pulled on a gurney while she's unconscious, covered in debris and blood.

I looked at my hand, and noticed that it slightly changed to the color red due to the hot temperature of the coffee that split not too long ago. I didn't even feel the burning sensationI should've felt. It's no surprise that I'm more so hurt with the thought of her accident and not knowing if she's doing okay. I wish I was there instead of here.

"Mom, we should visit Y/N today." Maya suggested. "I overheard your conversation with Auntie Scar last night, and I know how much you miss her. So, take me with you. That way, you could just tell her that it was my idea because I'm worried."

"Oh, little one." I kneeled to her level. "You'd be willing to do that?"

She slid her hands beside my face gently, "Of course. I don't like to see you cry, and I know how much Y/N makes you happy."

I nodded, "Okay, we'll go today. Why don't you get ready and we'll go and get her some food as well."

"Okieee."

When I was left alone once again, I allowed myself to drown in my own thoughts and feelings. I feel as though that's all I could do. Sometimes, I don't even realize I'm doing it. It consumes time and time again, and I have no choice but to let it happen. I've gotten so used to the feeling of responsibility over everything that it has become a habit for me to self-sabotage. It's unhealthy, but it's a part of me now. And it's all my fault.

I heard my phone ring from the living room. I picked it up and answered Scarlett's call.

L- Hey, Scar, what's up?

S- Are you home by any chance?

L- Yeah

S- Great, because I'm outside, so hurry up.

I ended the call and made my way to the front where Scar immediately engulfed me in a hug. I reciprocated, and led her to the kitchen where I offered her some coffee to drink.

"Is Maya still sleeping?"

"No, she's actually getting ready."

"Getting ready? Are you guys headed somewhere?"

"Yeah, we're actually going to visit Y/N today at the hospital."

"Oh? That's great!" Scar drew a smile. "Can I come with you? Colin dropped me off and he won't be done with his appointments until later on."