Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

_______

Y/N's POV

After two long weeks of healing my body enough to where I could move without wincing in pain, I'm finally being admitted out of the hospital. Those weeks felt like months, and I've stayed more in bed than I've ever had in my entire life. And it wasn't pleasant either. But, despite the discomfort, I had great company. Florence always found a way to squeeze me in her busy schedule, and didn't leave my side when I needed her most. It made me feel special.

It's also been two weeks since our kiss. After that night, we didn't talk about it, but we did acknowledge that it happened. Not with words, but with the way our bodies reacted to what it made us feel. It sounds a bit cliché thinking about it, but it's one of those moments where words simply couldn't do your feelings justice. Nonetheless, I'm at peace with myself.

"Are you excited to be back in your own bed?"

I leaned comfortably against the passenger seat, "Very. Hospital beds are uncomfortable."

"I bet they are." Florence said. "But, on the bright side, you're finally out of the hospital. How're you feeling?"

"Better. Thanks to you."

"Thanks to me? I didn't do anything."

I gave her a look, "You're being too generous. You did everything. You stayed by my side despite your hectic schedule, cooked for me, tended my wounds, and helped me get back up on my feet."

Florence waved her imaginary white flag, and let me have my fleeting victory. I teased her further, which made her laugh adorably. It was contagious, so I ended up joining her, and we laughed about it the rest of the car ride back to my apartment. She helped me along the way because I'm still limping and my ribs haven't completely healed.

"Just a few more steps." Florence mumbled under her breath as she assisted me to the couch. "Alright, there you go."

I couldn't help but admire her, "Thank you."

"Of course." She smiled brightly. "Are you hungry? You must be hungry, so I'm going to be making you a tasty lunch."

Before I could say anything, Florence disappeared into the kitchen. And, as much as I would like to watch her cook, I couldn't pivot my body comfortably enough, so I stayed in the same position. I turned on the television, and let The Office lay in the background.

"I'm sorry that I don't really have anything in my pantry."

"I figured, that's why I went grocery shopping for you last night." Florence said. "Why do you think I asked for your key?"

I chuckled, "Right. Add that to the list of things I owe you. How will I be able to repay you?"

"I have something in mind."

"Name it."

"Get better and show me around LA like you promised."

"You got yourself a deal."

When Florence was done cooking, she laid everything on the table beautifully, and for a second I thought I was eating at a fancy restaurant. I thought I could walk on my own, and I did for about a couple of paces, but when she saw that I was struggling, Florence took my arm and placed it around her neck. She carefully situated me in one of the vacant chairs before she sat right next to me.

"It's not much, but I know how much you've missed this last time I made it for you when you were sick, so I tried to make it as perfect as it was then."