i miss you, i'm sorry

i miss you, i'm sorry by Gracie Abrams

________

Y/N's POV

My busy schedule never aligns with anyone's. I almost feel guilty not being able to spend as much time with people that I know and love as much as I should, especially when I have little over a month left until I leave. But, luckily, today's my day off and I finally have some time to spare. It's been a while.

"I feel like we only see each other once in a blue moon." Rosie rolled her eyes as she took a seat. "You got me putting in a two weeks notice just to hang out with your stupid ass."

I chuckled, "Hey! It's not my fault they have me working my ass off."

"Whatever." She flipped me off. "But, anyway, how are things with you and Florence?"

I flipped through the menu, "It's good... great actually. She's always so busy with shooting her new movie and interviews but somehow she manages to find the time to hang out with me, which is pretty impressive I might add."

Rosie sipped on her beverage, "I'm glad things are finally working out for you. When do you leave to go back?"

"About a month."

"Damn, so our days are numbered." She pretended like she's crying. "You've been here for six months and we've only seen each other three times. You must not like me anymore."

"Bitch, please." I shook my head. "Don't be so dramatic. You know I love your annoying ass."

The waitress came and took our orders. Being as indecisive as we are, it took as longer than it should've been, and it's obvious that she was getting annoyed because Rosie and I kept changing our minds and asked her a bunch of stupid questions. I swear, we're like two kids who don't know how to act in public.

"I have something to tell you." Rosie said mysteriously. "Don't freak out, but I'm planning on proposing to Margot the day after tomorrow."

"Oh my god, that's great news!" I cheered a little too excitedly that a few people around us gave us a judgemental look. "But, why do you have that glum look on your face?"

"Because... I'm about to ask you the biggest favor." Rosie said. "Today is Club Echo's grand-reopening, and I was wondering if you can do a couple of things on my list for the proposal?"

I took the list from her hand, "Consider it done."

"Really? You'll do it?"

"Of course. I'll do anything for you to finally be cuffed cause, girl, I'm surprised Margot chose you the first time around." I joked.

Rosie reached over and took a jab at my shoulder, "Stop being a hater and be happy for me."

"I guess." I laughed. "I'll just have to give Flo a call and tell her that we can't do dinner tonight."

Rosie tries to reach for the list but I stop her from doing so, "Don't even think about it, Fitzgerald. It's okay. I'll just make it up to her tomorrow."

"Are you sure? Because I wouldn't want her to get mad at you for this."

"She'll understand." I said. "All I want you to do is prepare for the opening tonight and I'll take care of everything on this list. I promise."

Rosie flashed me a thankful smile, "You're the best. Thank you."

"I know."

"Don't make me take it back."

I never knew how much I've missed Rosie until now. She's the friend I didn't ask for but definitely needed. I don't know how I would've survived working in the club if she wasn't there. She made the long, exhausting night as fun as they could be, and when I was at my worst, she was there lifting my spirits like best friends do. There's never a dull moment when she's around and I'm I met someone like her.