Adore You

Adore You by Harry Styles

________

Lizzie's POV

As soon as I regained consciousness, the first thing my eyes looked for was her. She's still sound asleep. I took a quick peek behind me, realizing that it's probably still at the crack of dawn. I couldn't bring myself to leave last night. So, I decided to stay just in case she needs me. Hunched over, I fell asleep on the edge of her bed, to give her the space she probably needs. I looked at her one last time before I drifted off to sleep once more.

I woke up again. There was still no light coming from the outside as observed from where I am. In an attempt to stretch my stiff muscles from the way I was sleeping, I felt a blanket move on top of me. I didn't notice it at first, but I looked around me and that's when I realized that the reason why I stopped shivering was because of it. I looked at Y/N once more, a smile forming on my lips when I came into realization that it was her who must've put it on me so I could stay warm.

My gaze remained on her. She's sleeping so soundly that it brings me peace knowing that she's doing okay. Despite the circumstances between us, I couldn't help but get the urge to give her forehead a kiss. And so, I did. I sat back down on my seat, and when I felt her grip tightened around my hand, I froze. How didn't I notice that we were holding hands?

I was staring at our intertwined hands for hours, my thumb casually grazing against her knuckles. I never knew a simple gesture like this could make me feel so happy. I've missed being this close to her. It reminded me of how good things were between us. A moment in time where she made me feel things that no one ever could.

"There's no one else like you, Y/N." I mumbled under my breath as I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up again, the sunlight managed to seep through the curtains, letting me know that it's finally morning time. I turned to Y/N, who was still sleeping soundly. Our hands were still intertwined, which made me smile. As much as I wanted to stay like this, I knew that it's probably best if she doesn't wake up to us holding hands. I wouldn't want to overwhelm her.

I quietly made my way out of her room, and an idea popped into my head. Before I could leave completely, I took a quick glance at the living room, and memories flooded before me. I remember all of the great times we created, and all of the simple, but blissful moments where we stayed in and watched Lucifer. It made me feel hopeful, which was surprising to me. I guess I was done feeling bad about myself. It's time to channel this sensation of hope into something healthy. And that's slowly getting her back.

I drove to Ether's bagel shop. As soon as I entered the place, one of the workers, Oscar, recognized me. He told me how much he missed seeing me around with Y/N because we're both regulars and the owners basically love us. It made me think of the times we went here in the morning because we were both hung over the night before.

"Fresh bagels for my favorite regular." Oscar flashed me a smile as she handed me a brown paper bag. "Tell Y/N to not drink so much."

"I will. It was nice to see you again!"

I happily made my way to my car before pulling away from the curb. The drive was short, and before I knew it, I was in front of the apartment complex. I looked both ways before crossing the street, shuffling my way to the entrance. I started to think about how this simple gesture could potentially bring us closer, and it's making me feel a little too ecstatic.

When I got off the elevator, I made a left turn toward the hallway of where her space is located. I took a quick peek at the steaming bagels, excited to see her. I stopped on my tracks when I saw Florence and Y/N hugging in front of the doorstep. I hid just in time before they could see me. I peeked to see their change of affection, and it felt like someone pulled my heart out. And just like that, they disappeared inside.