Rhythm of Love

Rhythm of Love by Plain White T's

________

Lizzie's POV

Waiting until the last minute to pack probably wasn't a good idea. But, here I am, the night before my flight to Hawaii, scrambling to find things I need. It was like my own things were hiding from me. I couldn't find the last few items anywhere. Procrastination at its finest.

"Are you almost done packing?" Scarlett asked over the phone.

"No, but almost." I answered as I frantically ran around my room, in search of a hygiene bag that I packed earlier.

"How long is the shoot again?"

"Two weeks."

"So, what you're saying is that, you'll be in Hawaii with Y/N for two weeks?"

"Yeah." I drag my words. "Why are you talking to me in that tone like you're trying to imply something here."

"That's because I am." Scarlett said. "I mean, think about it, a lot can happen in those two weeks. Who knows, when you come back, you guys might be a couple."

"I don't know about that."

"Listen to me, you two are literally going to a tropical place where things could happen. Good things." She pushed further. "Don't be uptight and just let things happen. I know how you are."

I scoffed, "What does that mean? I am not uptight."

"Sure. Whatever makes you sleep at night." Scarlett laughed. "But all jokes aside, I want you to have fun and don't work too hard."

"You're right." I sighed. "I just hope things go my way for once. I want to make things right with her."

"And you will."

I'm more than afraid of messing things up. We're at a place where everything is good. No bad blood. A week after the New Years party, Y/N have been spending a lot of time with each other. More than I anticipated. Most of those days are spent in the music room practicing songs I need to learn, and some are late night food runs. Just like old times. I didn't think I would ever be in this place with her. And I'm scared more than ever that I'll do something that could jeopardize how good our 'relationship' is right now.

"I sure hope so." I mumbled under my breath, my mind taking me elsewhere. "But, anyway, thank you for taking Maya in for the night. How is she doing?"

"It's no problem. The kids are watching a movie in the living room."

"Wish me luck for tomorrow."

"You won't need it." Scarlett said sternly. "You're in good hands. Or, should I say, you'll be in good hands if you know what I mean."

"Alright, I'm hanging up now. Tell the kids I said goodnight."

-

Time flew by rather quickly because before I knew it, I found myself inside the airport by my designated gate along with some of the cast members. Of course, being the way that I am, I spent most of my time anticipating her presence. Her entire team is already here but her. I texted but she didn't answer. I really hope she makes this flight.

"Looks like we're about to board." Kelly said as she and Jovan began to make their way toward the entrance.

I didn't move. Not even in the slightest. I remained standing in the same place, my head peeking over the hallway where she would be coming from. But, as time begins to tick away, I'm slowly losing hope.