January

January by Verzache

________

Lizzie's POV

These past couple of days have taken a slight turn for the better. There were moments where it felt like the old us again. Conversation seems to come naturally between us and nothing feels forced. Comparing how we are now from two weeks ago is something I never thought would happen. Y/N used to look at me with hate behind her eyes, but lately I don't see a hint of hatred. I think I'm warming up to her. A spark of hope that maybe, just maybe, she still loves me.

I made sure that I do everything in my power to stay on her good side. I practiced hours on end, making sure that the next time we have another lesson, it would end on another good note. I have a good feeling that I got everything covered, and she'll be impressed the next time she hears me play.

I haven't seen her at all today. It's only been a couple of hours since we started filming the first scene, and I've seen everyone on her team but her. It bummed me out because whenever I have my eyes set on her, it gives me a sense of happiness that I can only get from her. I feel like a stalker asking around to make sure that she works today, but she does. I wonder where she is.

I played with my hands, waiting for the camera to start rolling again. I sat by the edge of the bed, repeatedly reading the script to make sure I don't forget anything I'm supposed to be doing. It's a monologue and no one else is involved but me. I'm a perfectionist, so I made sure that I have everything under control.

I looked up, and my eyes immediately caught the sight of her. She looks a bit sluggish and her eyelids look like it's struggling every time she flutters her eyes. It's obvious that she's not feeling well. They might not see it, but I do. I feel it. I feel her. I just feel her.

Every bone in my body wants me to go to her and make her feel better. I feel terrible watching her work her ass off, running around the set, making sure the head mics and everything else regarding the sound system is in check. I didn't like the fact that they're making her do everything when she has three other people that can do the job. Her energy is almost non-existent.

After my monologue, I made it a priority to talk to my staff about limiting the amount of times Y/N has to run around the set, making sure everything is ready to go before the camera starts rolling. It infuriates me that she's carrying most of the weight, when it should be a team effort. I told the main sound technician and as well the producers of the show that she's not the only one that can do the sound checks. Her people have enough personnel that can do the same job she's doing. I gave them a piece of my mind, and they agreed with me.

It was like I have super hearing, but the second I heard Y/N's name, my undivided attention went to the source of the sound. I pretended to read the script while I stood near Miles and Veronica while listening in on their conversation.

"I told her to take the day off." Miles sighed exasperatedly. "She's not feeling well, definitely sick, and now look at her skipping lunch."

"Why is she not eating lunch?"

"Something about finishing a couple of her tasks. You know how she is."

"Yep, she just doesn't know when to quit." Veronica stated. "At this rate, she'll end up in the hospital for exhaustion."

I shuffled away from them, thinking of ways I could be of any help. Knowing Y/N, there is no convincing her to eat lunch, let alone with me because I don't think we're quite there yet. As much as I want to push my luck, I'm not going to. I'm taking this slow, and with care. So, that leaves me with only one option. I dialled the number in my head, waiting for him to answer.