The One That Got Away

The One That Got Away by Katy Perry

________

Y/N's POV

A couple more weeks passed, and before I knew it, I'm better and back on my feet. I would've left today if it wasn't for reshoots and amongst other things that I missed, and Jack needed me to stay, so I did. I felt guilty for being away for so long, and it wouldn't hurt to stay for another month. Besides, Florence also has to stay for another month due to interviews and promotions, so it works out quite. Maybe, we could leave together.

Today is also the day I go back to work. It's been a while since I had to wake up early for it, so I struggled when I did. When my alarm went off, I turned it off and took a moment to myself to gather my thoughts and the energy I clearly need to start my day. I noticed the emptiness next to me, so I was pretty bummed up about it. She must've left early for work.

I did my usual morning routine, dreading all the way through because I didn't feel like going through it. I'm still tired and the lack of sleep most certainly did not help. I had my eyes closed most of the time, and I barely put any effort in the outfit I chose to wear today.

When I made my way to the kitchen, all movements as soon as my gaze landed on Florence wearing my loose polo shirts while she's too busy making me breakfast

When I made my way to the kitchen, all movements as soon as my gaze landed on Florence wearing my loose polo shirts while she's too busy making me breakfast. She's so into what she's doing that she doesn't even realize that I'm watching her. Longingly. But, eventually she turned around, and jumped a little when we made eye contact.

"Oh jeez, you scared me." Florence chuckled nervously.

"I'm sorry, but I'm glad to find you here." I smiled before I gave her lips a quick peck. "What are you making?"

"Pancakes with bacon, eggs, sunny side up of course just how you like them, hash browns, and I also made you coffee because it's your first day back at work and it's been a long time since you had to wake up early."

I nodded with a smile on my face while listening to her speak. I admire the excitement running through her eyes, and how bright and bubbly she looks. It's truly eye catching, a breath of fresh air.

She doesn't notice, but I'm constantly stealing quick glances every time she would be busy doing something. Even after she was done cooking, I didn't pry my eyes off her contagious energy as she told me about how excited she is about doing another Cooking with Flo for the first time since she took quite a hiatus. She told me how I inspired her to make videos again, and it was more than enough to bring me to tears.

"Breakfast was delicious." I grabbed her by the hand. "I wouldn't mind waking up to this every day."

"Good, because I don't mind doing any of it."

I wrapped my arms around her waist as she remained standing in front of me while I'm seated, "You, my darling, are the good in the world I didn't know I needed. And for that I—"