Favorite T-Shirt

Favorite T-Shirt - Acoustic by Jake Scott

________

Y/N's POV

As soon as I got inside Florence's car, she immediately reached over my forehead to see if my temperature had gotten worse since I told her I was feeling under the weather. I couldn't help but draw a smile on my face as she mumbled a few incoherent comments.

"Oh bub, you're still burning up." Florence pouted, turning the knobs to fix the temperature of the car. "I hope it's okay, but I'll make it a bit cooler here so your body can relax. I have tea waiting for you at my place."

My face lit up, "Your place?"

Florence chuckled as she came into realization, "Oh my god, where are my manners? I was going to ask you if you want to stay at my place tonight so I can take care of you because you're feeling a bit ill." She shrugged, nervously waiting for my answer.

"I would love to spend the night with you." I beamed a smile. "Tell me, what did I do to deserve someone like you?"

"Because you're you, that's why." She scoffed before proceeding to make a left turn at the stoplight.

I took comfort knowing that I can always rely on her when I'm in distress. She shows me time and time again just how much she cares. There has not been a point in time where I didn't feel like I couldn't rest my head against her shoulder for support. She's always there, ready to make me feel better.

When we arrived at her place, Florence ran to my side to open the door for me. Her adorable murmurs about how I should be careful with every step didn't go unnoticed. I admire the way her arms are wrapped around me, securing me in place as we're walking up the stairs.

"Alright, get comfy while I make you some soup, okay?" Florence gave my head a pat as she carefully laid me on the couch. "Oh, wait, stay put while I go get you some blankets. I'll be right back."

Before I could say anything, she was already running off to her bedroom. I chuckled to myself, thinking about the past fifteen minutes I've spent with her so far. Who knew watching someone get nervous about how they should take care of you would make me feel like this.

"I grabbed as much as I could carry."

I laughed once more when I saw at least four piles of blankets on top of each other, her head was barely visible to where I could see. She laid them next to me before unravelling one. A smile that was faint began to grow wider as I remained my gaze toward her, tucking me in with so much care in her eyes.

"Are you comfortable?" Her eyes glittered with hope as she stood in front of me, waiting for an answer. "Do you need more blankets because I have more if you want me to go and get—"

"I'm okay, thank you." I smiled widely, finding the way she's standing anxiously in front of me quite adorable.

Florence sighed in relief, "Great, well, stay put while I go fix you up something warm to eat."

Once again, I was left alone in the comfort of her own couch. Fortunately for me, I could still see her from afar, cooking her heart out. The faint sound of the music playing in the background, and the way she's swaying her body to the beat made me smile like an idiot.

Every once in a while, she would look my way and flash me a smile. We had a friendly banter about the choice of music she was playing, and we ended up having a good laugh about it. By the end of it all, we sat comfortably next to each other with a bowl of soup while we watched Black Widow. It was my choice to watch the movie. I figured, what better way to tease her than pointing out every outstanding thing about her when she's on the screen.