Ch 26

Steve POV
I whipped my head around to face the front door where Billy's father stood. I gasped softly as billy and Jonathan continued to yell. Me and Millie stared at each other before looking back at him.

Billy's dad: We'll?
He growled, I could see he was so angry. I felt Millie grab my arm, she was obviously frightened.

Steve: okay calm down, he's not going to hurt us
I whispered to her as his dad walked past us and stared at Jonathan and billy, who were still arguing.

Jonathan: nobody cares billy! You hurt him!
He yelled but suddenly Billy's dad put a hand in the back of his neck. Jonathan and billy immediately stopped yelling. They were silent. Billy's face was filled with fear.

Millie: do you think we can leave...?
She whispered hesitantly, I shook my head at her.

Steve: is your car outside?
I asked. She nodded at me, I looked at her for a moment before looking back at the silent room.

Steve: go to your car and drive home, nothing happened here
I told her, she nodded and quickly grabbed her bag and ran out the front door. Now it was just me, Jonathan, billy and his dad.

Billy: I thought you weren't coming home until later
Billy mumbled at him. I heard a loud slap, and saw he had slapped billy across the face.

Billy's dad: what is the meaning of this?
He roared. I moved forward and grabbed Jonathan's arm while pulling him backwards. Billy didn't respond he just stared down at the floor. Jonathan was silent as he allowed me to pull him out of the way.

Billy's dad: Answer me!
He screamed in Billy's face. Before suddenly slapping him again. I watched as he grabbed billy by his collar and shoved him against the wall. Billy didn't look up he just let it all happen.

I pushed Jonathan behind me and ran forward and yanked Billy's dad off of him. Billy was laying on the floor, bleeding badly from the head and he was bruised all around his torso.

Billy's dad: Move!
He yelled, but everything was yelling at me. I felt faint but I kept my composure as Jonathan grabbed a vase and smashed it on his head. He fell to the ground. I was trying to wake billy up as blood covered me. I heard Jonathan calling the police behind me.

Jonathan: yes, yes! Get an ambulance!
He screamed. Everything had gone into chaos's, this was not what was supposed to happen.

Steve: Billy! Please!
I yelled shaking him and checking his breathing every couple seconds. Jonathan lightly pushed me aside as he started to do CPR. An ambulance finally got there a few minutes later. They shoved Jonathan and put him on the stretcher and we followed them outside as they loaded him into the back.

Jonathan pulled out his phone again and called someone. I didn't know who he called until after the ambulance left and another car pulled up.

Nancy: Jonathan! Steve!
She yelled running over to us. She spotted the blood that covered me but didn't question it as she hugged me. I held onto her for awhile.

She didn't let go of me as she turned to Jonathan and was talking to him. Asking him questions about what happened.

He answered all of them for me. She didn't question me but I knew she was slightly judging. It's Nancy wheeler she's a judgmental person sometimes especially when it came to friends and who they dated. I wasn't surprised that she was.

Steve: can we talk about this later? I need to get to the hospital!
I finally shouted. Billy was there alone.
...I was forgetting something. Something was missing and something was wrong that I didn't know about........

Steve: Max!
I yelled finally, I looked at Nancy frantically.

Steve: where's max! Is she okay!?
I yelled.

Nancy: Steve she's spending the night at mine, with the boys and El...
She said confused.

Steve: I need to get her!
I said, before I started to walk quickly to my car which turned into a slight sprint. Nancy and Jonathan hurried after me.

Jonathan: Steve, you can't do that

Steve: why!
I argued back before staring at him. He gave me a look.

Jonathan: it's my car
He responded calmly. I clenched my fist before hitting the car. Neither of them tried to stop me.

Steve: I need to tell max
Jonathan and Nancy looked at each other for a couple seconds before finally nodding. I jumped into the passenger seat as Jonathan started to drive to Nancy's house, with Nancy following in her car.

We arrived at the Wheelers, I ran up to the front door and just opened it. I saw Mrs Wheeler in the kitchen cleaning up. She stopped and stared at me, In surprise

Mrs Wheeler: Steve! What are you doing here!? Are you okay?
She asked concerned seeing my blood shot eyes with tears streaming down my face and my clothes covered in blood. I didn't respond as I ran down to the basement. I wasn't thinking clearly. I opened the basement door where the boys were playing DND and the girls were talking. They all stopped and turned to stare at me.

Steve: Max!
I breathed out. Her eyes went wide when I called her name. Jonathan and Nancy were by my side immediately.

Max: what happened!
She yelled, jumping to her feet. El followed her and stood beside her.

Steve: Billy....
Was all o had to say before her eyes went into fear.

Steve: his dad
I added. I saw El grab her arm to keep her standing. Max ran towards me and grabbed my arm pulling me upstairs.

Max: where is he? What happened!
She screamed in my face, while staring at the blood on my shirt. I mumbled everything, El came upstairs and max grabbed into her and sobbed into her shoulder.

Steve: he's at the hospital max, do you want me to take you?
I asked. She just nodded.

El: can I come?
She asked, staring at me hesitantly, I gave her a small smile and nodded. I then glanced at Jonathan.

Jonathan: yes you can take my car
He said, throwing the keys at me. I hurried El and Max to the car and started to drives we arrived at the hospital only moments later. I was practically speeding down the road.

We ran into the hospital as a lot of stuff was happening. There was sick people everywhere along with people with broken arms and legs.

This was one of the times in my life where I truly was scared for someone

A/N- hey guys hope you enjoyed this long chapter. I will write another story soon bye love you