Ch 27

Steve POV
We waited in the waiting room, for what seemed like forever. I was so worried for billy that I couldn't focus on anything else. El had max in her arms the entire time. I was waiting impatiently, while pacing around. Max was trying to stay strong, I knew that. But she would eventually break down and that's okay cause she has El there for her.

Doctor: are any of you related to Billy Hargrove?
The doctor asked as he came up to us. We all looked at each other.

Max: does step sister count?
She asked hesitantly. He glanced away for a second before turning back to us and nodding.

Doctor: who are you two to billy?
He asked me and El.

Steve: boyfriend
I said, knowing I was lying. El and max gave me a look before max spoke for El.

Max: she's my girlfriend, I need her for support
She told him. Me and El both looked at her in surprise. She shot us a glare before looking back at the doctor. He narrowed his eyes before looking back at his clipboard.

Doctor: okay he has a 2 broken ribs, broken arm and his toros is covered in bruises along with his neck, good news, he's going to live

He said, but we knew he was going to say more. He kept glancing at all of us before he spoke to us.

Doctor: bad news, he's going to be limping because of damage done to his right leg
He said.

Max: is he awake!?
She asked finally, wanting to know the answer quickly. The doctor again narrowed his eyes before speaking.

Doctor: yes he's awake but I would suggest-
He was cut off as we all ran to Billy's room. Me and El waited outside the door for a couple minutes while max was in there. I nervously looked down.

El: what's wrong?
She asked, softly her brown eyes with concern. I just shook my head not feeling like talking about it. She came over and grabbed my hands.

El: friends don't lie
She said, giving me a hard look. I gulped and looked down at the floor before meeting her eyes.

Steve: I fucked up El, I'm not even his boyfriend
I said. Finally spilling everything that had happened to her. Me and billy getting together, us breaking up because of him, me kissing Jonathan and everything after that. She just listened and didn't once interrupt me. She's a great listener, I owe her that.

Steve: it's all my fault he's in the hospital
I finally broke down, crying infront of one of my children. I couldn't take it anymore, I needed to cry. He could of died because of me. I could've gotten him killed multiple times.

Steve: I knew this relationship was a bad idea from the start but I still let him in, I still cared and loved him. It was always a lost cause.

Steve: I shouldn't of been so naive, it was stupid anyway.

And so I left, I walked out of the hospital and called hopper and told him where El was. I told him what happened to Billy. I told him about his father. He didn't ask further questions but I knew he would sooner or later.

I went into my car and I drove away, knowing that Billy was safe in the arms of El and max until hopper for there

Billy deserved someone better...and that someone wasn't me

A/N- hey guys it's the middle of the night as I wrote this chapter for you I just decided since school starts Monday for me I should start getting two of my stories done. I'm happy to say this one is coming to an end very soon. Love you and sorry for the crappy chapter and it might have tons of grammar mistakes because it is around midnight... heh anyway love you