Ch 28

Billy POV
Waking up all I saw was white tiles over me. I blinked a couple times trying to regain feelings in my arm. I slowly started to move, wanting to sit up cause my back was killing me. I slowly pushed myself to a sitting position.

Red flashes before my eyes for a split second before arms wrapped around me. Their hands were freezing, their head was on my chest holding onto me so tightly. I could barely breath. I gasped for air for a second and they let go immediately and apologized.

I met their eyes and saw max.

"Max.." I mumbled. She put a hand over her mouth not saying anything as she stared at me.

"I hurt you" She whispered. I gave her a confused look before taking her hands.

"You didn't hurt me max, I'm perfectly fine" I stated before coughing slightly. She nodded before hugging me again, less tight this time. She held onto me, like I was the only thing keeping her sane.

"Hey, it's okay. I promise you everything's fine" I told her as I heard her sniffle. She never cried especially infront of me. I never knew I meant this much to her. It kind of surprised me. But I didn't say anything, knowing I would probably get punched if I did. I laughed a little at the thought before I heard the door open slightly. I saw El standing there.

I gave her a small smile and waved her over. She kept glancing at max before she finally came over and sat in the chair beside me.

"Thank you" I mumbled, I wasn't really good at saying thank you. She understood what I was saying while giving me a smile. Max sat down on my bed by my legs.

"Where is he?" Max asked El. I didn't question anything but I listened.

"Who?" El asked very confused by the question as well. Max gave her a look before El understood.

"Oh! He left" She said with a shrug while max stared at her confused and worried.

"What do you mean he left!?" Max nearly shouted at the poor girl. El recognized the louder tone and moved backwards and shrunk into her seat a little more.

"He told me he couldn't be here to see Billy" She whispered, afraid of max raising her voice again. Max definitely raised her voice again but this time it wasn't directed towards El.

"WHAT! He just left! Where did he go? Did he say!?" Max shouted question after question. El never spoke instead kept quiet and her head down. Max got up immediately and left the room. I tried to clear my throat but it just made it worse.

"Do you need water?" El asked timidly, I nodded and watched as she got up and got some water. She handed it to me, I nodded a thanks. We never spoke and when we did it was never a good experience. For either of us.

The room was filled with an awkward silence for a couple seconds before she spoke.

"Steve" I looked over at her confused before she looked up at me.

"That's who we were talking about.." She explained.

He left...? Why? Why would he leave, oh right. I broke up with him, I hurt him. I honestly never deserved Steve. He was always too good for this world except when he was a fucking douche. But that was all an act that he kept up around his stupid friends. I saw a different side to him, a more caring and less judgmental one.

That's what made me love him. But all those thoughts my dad out in my head everything he told me. I thought of myself as a faggot, not worthy of love. So I left him because he deserved better. I thought he would find it right away, I mean it's Steve Harrington who wouldn't date him.

I chuckled lightly, he deserved so much more than whatever I could've given him. I knew Steve well enough to know that I would not be able to give him the attention and love and time he deserved. He needed those things in a relationship, I knew that. Let's face it, I'm a manwhore, honestly.

I run around and make out snd fuck different people. I've been the problem in so many relationships some that aren't even mine. I'm the toxic one, the one nobody deserves. I don't want pity, I don't want sympathy because I'm the bad person. I deserve everything bad that's ever been given to me. I hurt people, physically and mentally. I never wanted love, I just wanted the sex.

But I met Steve and at first I thought he was a pushover. Just a normal frat boy, but fuck was I wrong. He taught me love in the small time we spent together, he taught me how to care. How I deserved the world was what he told me.

But I didn't, I didn't listen to him. I looked down on myself, because so was hurting and it hurt him in the process. So much that he can't look me in the eyes and tell me he hates me. I need him to do that. Maybe it'll be some sort of closure if he just yells at me. Tells me I'm a failure and don't deserve love and I'll accept it.

Because Atleast he would speak to me one last time.

I turned my head and looked at El, who was staring at me wide eyed.

"Fuck! I said that out loud didn't I?" I asked hesitantly. She nodded while looking down. Before she got up and sat beside me. I refused to look at her, I couldn't meet her eyes.

"Steve is a complicated person, he tends to run away when he doesn't feel like he's good enough for someone. He loves you Billy. He always has and it should be him here telling you this but he's not. He's a coward"

I laughed lightly at that statement finally looking up at her and smiling. She giggled.

"He really is isn't he?" I said, smiling while looking down.

"He wants to believe that this could work out and truth is you hurt him. You really fucking did but through everything he still loves you. That's what I would like to call a connection, like-like"

She trailed off thinking, while I was watching her thinking about what she said.

"A soulmate connection type of thing, you two will always come back to each other, no matter what the person did. No matter who was in the wrong and who was in the right. That's a soulmate connection right there and you and Steve have it"

"He's gone though...what do I do?"

"Find him"