𝟞𝟚: <𝕥𝕒𝕕𝕒𝕚𝕞𝕒>

👾

The wind swirled around the car as we made our way down the freeway in Tokyo as I sat and basked in being back home. The lights of the city, the signs in Japanese, the smell, back in america it would make my stomach do backflips with homesickness. 

I hadn't quite figured out where I was staying until a week before I left, when I was on the phone with Kenma. 

"Do you even know where you're staying?" He chuckled as I poured over the last bit of my luggage I'd have to mail overseas. 

"No, but I know I'll find somewhere. If anything I'll just rent an apartment with my streaming money." 

"you don't think you'll want to head back to the house you lived in before you left?" 

"no, I had Kawari rent it out to this lady who's single and has two kids. I'm not about to throw them out" I shrugged, making a checkmark on the fifth from last thing on my list. 

"You really don't think things out, do you?" He shook his head, giving a disapproving half-laugh, half-sigh. 

"Sure I do, I have a checklist right here of things I need to pack. I'd say that's pretty 'thinking things through to me'" I huffed, shoving the paper into the camera so he'd be forced to see my list. 

"not... not like that" he laughed, rolling his eyes. 

"you know, I almost liked it more when you were quiet and shy... not this little shithead that you are now." 

"do you want me to go back to tha-" 

"I said almost" I clarified, it was now my turn to roll my eyes. 

"alright, alright. Well I have an Idea of where you can stay." 

"Oya?" 

"I just bought a house." 

"oh! is it that one in Roppongi hills that Kuroo and I told you about." 

"no, I didn't like that. It just seems like a weird flaunting thing to own a house in Roppongi hills when I can get one just as nice somewhere else." He shrugged. 

"ok, then about where is it?" 

"Oh, it's still in Minato, but it's more towards the bay." 

"ooooh how big is it?" 

"3 bed 2 bath." 

"don't tell me the cost of that- I don't want to know" I wheezed. 

Living costs in Tokyo are so obnoxious it's ridiculous. When I moved here to the bay and thought it was cheap but then was later informed this is one of the most expensive places in the state I about had a heart attack. 

"ok, ok I won't. Anyways, back to my point. I bought a house, so why don't you just..." He trailed off, getting quieter and quieter towards the end of his sentence. 

"Why don't I what?" I smirked. I'd already figured out what he was trying to say, but it's the little things like prying it out of him that give me pure joy.