Chapter 18

“It’s hard to believe she could still show her face here. I don’t think she knows what shame means,”

 “Oh poohy! Where’s the air freshener when you need it? With that thing hanging around the place it contaminates the air!”

It’s truly amazing how the once respectful enviroment to each other could change so much with a hierarchy suddenly established in this school. People used to be courteous with each other with hidden motives so that they could make connections for their parents, but now everyhing is turned upside down.

The pecking order that wasn’t too noticeable before have been official and guess who is at the bottom of the pyramid? If you have guessed the imposter Sophie Moreau then you are correct but there’s no prize.

Sophie Harrison, the soon to be eighteen years old girl who’d used the name of the Genovian princess, have somehow became well respected when she’d first debuted in Corsica. How everybody were blind by the prince’s set up was confusing, however he did a fantastic job in covering the media about the fact the real princess was missing.

  When I first accepted the job, I’ve spent hours on the net surfing for information on the princess but the only thing I gathered was that when she was young she’d rarely showed up to public and when she does she would always wear massive sunglasses. Since there weren’t many reliable resources, her age was unknown and suspected to be younger than she really is because of her tiny figure.

Right now, I don’t even know what I’m trying to do or why I’m doing here. The words about me being a fake have spread so quickly within a week. These prestigious sons and daughters avoided me like a plague and showed their real bitchiness behind and at my face. I wouldn’t blame them because they must have received some sort of damage to their reputation for being kind to someone who turned out to be a nobody and now they are out for vengeance.

I’m trying to go back to my Hamilton life when I blended into the background and bloom like a wallflower but going back to my old self isn’t quite as easy as it was, especially everyone is so rich and appeared in the media more than once when I’m only a normal girl who’s a daughter a poor company. I’d tried looking down, without meeting anyone’s eyes but their stares never seemed to leave me. It bothered me so much to have so much attention especially when the attentions are negative, not a single light about it.

“What where you’re going you scum” A girl who is in my math methods classed squealed.

“I’m sorry!” I apologized.

“Oh I don’t care! Just get out of my sight now!” she’d wailed.

She was making a fuss, stomping her feet and flailing her arms about. Everyone who was watching me with the corner of their eyes turned and completely focused on us.  

I was scared and didn’t know what to do. That girl used to be so nice to me before has completely made a sudden turn. Her words, her actions have stabbed me double, not quadruple the times the words she’d spoke.

“Oi, is that how a true lady acts? She’d even apologized if you haven’t heard properly because of your intimidating shrieks,” 

Unexpectedly, a blur of caramel hair stepped between us quickening everyone’s pulse. His wide shoulders, slightly athletic build waist caused the girls scream. My eyes automatically rolled themselves. Almost every day, I’m dragged into Yume’s so called “reverse harem”, all good looking but all nerds deep down.

“You’re alright?” Ivan turned around. “They’re such a pain,”

I looked at him. Is he trying to pity me or what? I don’t need anyone to pity me and this was bound to happen one day and I knew it long ago…Everyone I meet will eventually drift away from me, just like my primary school friends living their lives without me with their boyfriends and having experiencing the same thing again is a nightmare. There must be a way I could tie the ones I have right now back together even if our worlds are different.