Chapter 19

The patisserie club ran around crazy and rushed in and out of the kitchens, weighing mixtures, rolling out dough, checking ovens and finalizing the sweets with only after schools hours to do their thing, since the owners needed it to sell their meals during the day.

Compared to the Hobbies club, all we did was hang about the cafeteria which still seemed more like a food court to me and contributed a little. At times, our boys were called to help the girls from the patisserie club to lift tons of flour or gallons of water on and off the benches but most of the time they just sat there in the cafeteria watching the patisserie people work their ass off.

“Hey you hobo club,” Tatiana rocked up beside me, her floury arm draped over my shoulders.

“It’s hobbies club” Yuuki said flatly, annoyed at the fact he was being used as an errand boy. “It’s a bother that I have to do this and if it wasn’t Sophie-san’s idea to join up with the patisserie club, I’ll abandon the whole thing,”

“Well the new nickname suits your club. Bumming around, doing nothing. You think I want to join up with you hobos?” Tatiana shot back. “I only agreed to this a as a favour to Harrison, not for you sloths and I got plenty of slackers here and I don’t need anymore,”

She stormed off catching two girls standing around for a chat. They saw her coming and quickly fled back to their separate kitchen.

I sighed and continuing tapping away on my keyboard then hit the send button. At the chateaux I was prohibited to use the internet and the only time I could go online was on the weekends or use the net during school, otherwise I’m totally isolated from the world.

I emailed back home replying several mails with one long email. It felt like I was writing pages of essays but that’s what I get when I can’t check my mails every day but when I could, usually I just end up sleeping all day during my days off because of my maid work or  either forgotten to reply because I was buried in assignments from head to toe.

That’s pretty how suck my life is at the moment, having to do the laundry and hand wash almost every piece of garments because they were made from freaking expensive materials till my skin peel off.

There was even one time I had to look after Sophie Keusch’s dog Juliet because the carer couldn’t make it and that dog never liked me. I remembered she once attempted to swallow my whole arm on my first day and since then I was a little cautious of her. She was a nightmare even when her real owner came back, she did everything the opposite to what I order her to do and have to bribe her with the whole bag of premium beef jerky to get her to do a thirty minute exercise in the gardens.  When mum and dad ask about me, I lied because I don’t want them to worry about me and I’m sure they have plenty of other things to worry about.

Yume walked across the cafeteria, hands full of decorations that Yuuki took from the art room the other day with Leo’s butler following behind carrying more stuff. I quickly closed my email and pretending to work on the menu. She didn’t pay any attention to me as expected but still kept her happy-go-lucky defense up and was enthusiastic as usual. She was bouncy and excited for the display but in the other hand Leo was the opposite and was in his usual self. He couldn’t care less in putting an effort into the whole thing and let his butler do the work while he sat back sipping his tea and reading a book.

There were nothing abnormal about them but the only changes were their attitudes towards me. Leo made it clear that while the preparation is still going, I’m not allowed to go anywhere three metres away near him and only speak to his butler when I needed to talk to him. He’s a real bitch and wanted me to be gone; he was no difference to other people in the school.

In Yume’s case, she didn’t speak to me and ignored me half of the time, but her reason to do so was sort of acceptable because I understood that she must’ve been hurt deeply because I didn’t tell her the truth.