Chapter 11

A date with a Jerk…Who would think of something so absurd? Well not me but by the looks of it, almost three fifth of the school would love to hang out with him whether it was a male or female. If they ever found out that I was asked – no forced on a date with him in exchanged for his true identity, they’ll stake me alive.

The thought of going out with Nicholas Windsor made my body shudder with disgust. Although it was natural to find him irresistibly enthralling, he was still an enemy who knew things he wasn’t suppose too.  If he wasn’t such a twerp, I could try and get along with him but as for now, it’s best to be cautious.

I let out a long dawdling moan and hid under my economics and finance book, my nails dug into the glossy cover. A sudden chill hit my body and I shudder underneath the thickness of the text book, just another weird habit of mine when I couldn’t think of anything or trying to hide away until the problems goes away. Obviously everyone knows hiding under a book won’t solve a thing.

From under the book I saw Yume notice my dramatic change from behind her manga and Andrew seemed to be able to feel my devastation in the corner of my eye, he stopped fiddling with his new flute and twisted around to see what’s wrong with any comment. Since our first and last duet, he had opened up a bit towards me and paid lot more attention on every movement I made. I guess he was just worried that I might spread his secret around about his weakness for cute things.

Yume placed her manga down amongst with the other ones she had on her lap and kicked her way out of the mountains of manga that she had her chauffeur brought in in demand and hurtled into a chair directly across me. She smoothed out her skirts and ran her fingers through her hair as she observed me like an animal.

I sighed again, causing Yume to lean over the table, her eyes staring wide at me. I inched back and sank into my chair to keep a good distance away from her prying eyes.

“Ah, looks like So-chan has some problems with romance,” Yume playfully tapped her chin with a finger as if she was some detective.

Shock with her sudden comment, I flipped out of the chair, taking me along with it. My head hit the soft carpet and the book fell, smack bang onto my face giving me the worst nose job in history. I did a quick recovery and jumped back up with one hand slamming the book onto the table causing the little Austrian vase with pink roses rattled.

“Not true,” I protested.

“So is,” A wild smile spread across her face like fire. “Look at you, all skeptical about it when I was just suggesting that you were,”

  With a humph, I crossed my arms over my chest and held my head up high like a stubborn child. I stood firm on the ground until Leo’s book slapped shut with a hint of annoyance and then turned to whisper something to his butler’s ear.

The butler nodded. We watched him as he strode up to us with straight knees. He was smartly dressed in a shawl collar suit which was short at the front and long till the back of his knees like a tail. Beneath his suit, he wore a white evening pleated shirt, a dainty black bow tie and a cream silk handkerchief half tucked out of his breast pocket.

Every step he made was stiff and rhythmic with his hands stuck to his sides and moved accordingly to each step he made. He made a trained compromise face and puffed out his chest then did a low bow with a one gloved hand over his heart.

“Miss Ichijo,” he had a heavy Danish accent but still legible. “My master wishes me to pass this message to you;  “Commoners have no idea how to keep their voice down and are extremely nosy,” That is the message he wanted to pass on to you,”

After his delivery was done, he did a half turn as he revered a hand to his master, the ignorant prince of Denmark. The young prince sat exaltedly at his table, a blissful fireplace radiated behind him as he sipped his tea with an arrogant look pretending it was none of his business.