Chapter 12

“– Wake up,”

It felt like I’ve been asleep for a long time and during that time horrible nightmares invaded my sleep and in my dreams, I laid in the darkness paralyzed with hands crawling their way to my body and tugging me limb by limb. Fire was set ablaze, staking my life and making me want to scream in agony but not a sound was made. A pound or so weighed my face down giving me a sudden urge to rub away the load and hands out of nowhere began ripping the strands of red hair until my scalp was hair free.

 It was one of those dreams that made no sense but somehow all of this felt so real.

“Wake up miss,” It was the same voice before telling me to wake up from my slumber.

Half conscious, I moaned and turned away from the sound.

Even though I wanted to wake up, my eyelids were heavy as if they were glued together tightly with the same irritating feeling that I felt in my dream continued to upset my face. I wanted to itch it and tear of the thing that was sealing my eyes so badly but my body refused to listen to me.

“Then I guess I have to wake sleeping beauty up myself then,” It was another voice with a small hint of British accent mixed it.

A warm breath hit my face, instantly melting whatever that held my eyes shut. Quickly my eyes popped open just in time before a blurry figure leaned down to kiss my lips. I blinked twice back at him until my senses came back to me all at once.

“Um hello? Do I know you?”

It probably wasn’t the best thing to say to a guy who was going to steal a kiss off you when you were still half asleep but that did the trick. He slipped back down beside me and took off his shades to rake his light brown hair with his fingers. He was dressed in a grey casual suit and peeping out of his chest he had a red paisley patterned scarf tucked underneath.

“Looks like sleeping beauty can manage it herself. That’s a shame, I just wanted to taste her cherry Chapstick” He mumbled loudly to himself deliberately for me hear.

Ignoring the pervy guy beside me, I found myself riding in a washed white car with the smell of new Italian leather. It was so white there was an urge to cause a mess on the white canvas.

In the front seats, the driver in a golden threaded navy uniform and a peak cap that went with it looked straight ahead while the passenger beside him kept glancing back at me in the rear mirror.

To my surprise, my face looked like a clown’s. Thin eyeliner emphasized my medium dark green eyes with smokey eyes making them look far more than ordinary. The curly fuzz was perfectly straightened and a real white daisy wreath mounted on top producing an innocent feel.  My face was also caked with foundation, covering up all the blemishes, not that I had many from the start, which was also the reason why I felt uncomfortable since I wasn’t prone to makeup.

The very next thing that caught me off guard was that I realised that I was magically transformed out of my school uniform into something I would never considered wearing, an extremely low, white strapless, silk chiffon high-low dress. It was indeed a beautiful piece of work but was too much for my taste. I always preferred the good old jeans and tank tops which clearly screamed out “normal.”

Suddenly a integrating thought popped into my head. My hands shot up over my chest and stared suspiciously at the man beside me who looked around in his mid-twenties. His eyes met mine as I slowly inched away from him.

“Don’t worry I was there to see it all,” He said it in a way that I couldn’t tell whether or not if he was for real or just messing around.