Chapter 20

Something soft and cold landed on my nose. My warm breath quickly turned it to liquid causing it to drip down the side of my face.

I woke up to a sight of drifting snow slipping in from my still unfixed window overhead. I laid there, with my head trying to register everything after being disturbed from my sleep.

Where am I and how did I end up here? I always tend to wake up forgotten where I am but that question slowly fades away when my mind finally piece itself together. 

I am in bed with my eyes staring blankly up at the ceiling with snow falling on to my face sending shivers down my body. I didn't feel cold, I had my electric blanket on high since this storage had no sort of heating. 

My right hand was numb for not being under the blanket for the whole night. When my fingers were warm enough to start working, I found myself clutching on to my phone that I collected it last night from Mr Chevalier with a fine phone strap dangling from the edge. It was a pretty one with a tiny hourglass, chain and charm designed by Yume. I remembered Nicholas pressing it to my hands as a gift he'd asked Yume to customize but that was ages.

It was finally Saturday, my most intense week of my life past in a fraction of a second. The exam period was over and I wouldn’t be surprised waking up in my school uniform without getting change from yesterday.

I kicked the covers off and staggered to the showers. When I went in, it was empty and majority of the servants were already up working or either gone home for the weekends and be back on Monday mornings. If it wasn’t for the princess’ plead I probably would be thrown in jail for theft and spend my exams in prison instead of working during the week days while studying. I was thankful for that and how she loved me to stay with her most of the time when I wasn’t doing the washing or sweep the floors.

Hot water massaged my shoulders. It felt good with everything washing off my shoulders and I was confident that I had breeze past my exams with ease. Although the things at Corsica were a little different from the things that were taught in Australia, I was able to adapt and catch up with the subjects without any troubles. My plan was to enter a university in Europe then transfer back to Australia so I could study and manage mum and dad’s company.

There were only one third of the terminales applying for university. Nicholas was definite that he was aiming for Oxford but I never mentioned to him about my plans because I’m sure he’ll either oppose or follow me around the world. I didn’t want that, he was far too good to study in Australia and he is totally a Harvard or Oxford material.

Yume didn’t take the exams neither did her twin because they were only in their first year of being a terminales and still have one more year to go. She said that when it was her time to come, she wanted to work for her father’s company while she gave the option of freedom to her younger brother so he could achieve the dream of being a mangaka and an animation producer.

Ivan had different ideas, he wanted to take a Gap year and travel around the world before considering if he wanted to enter college or help out his dad’s record label. As for Leo and Andrew, there are at their final year of première and was given a choice to continue to terminale or drop out. They chose to continue because they said they didn’t know what else to do if they choose to drop out.

My phone was ringing by the time I walked back into my room. I lunged and wedge it between my ear and shoulder.

"Hello?" I quickly looked at the caller ID and was a private number. 

"Hey," a lazy sexy voice made my heart stop.

"Nick?" My voice hit the ceiling.

"Happy birthday, birthday girl,"