Chapter 14

A pillar of soft golden light glowed behind him, forming a halo around his head and then in a blink of an eye it disappeared. He shifted his weight to hist left foot and that’s when I noticed it was only the sun playing up my mind. Comparing him to an angel he has still a long way to go.

“Hey…I’m still here guys,”

Nicholas Windsor’s eyes snapped away from mine and pierced through Ivan’s, staring down at him and sizing him up. Ivan was only a head taller than me which was not much since I’m only five feet five and to place him beside Nicholas Windsor, his six feet seven tops up Ivan’s more than just a head.

“Shit, he’s tall,” Ivan quickly stood beside me.

I laughed, not because he has a complex about his height, it was because he had to use me to make him feel taller and less bad about himself.

“What?” Ivan looked at me without any problems looking into my eyes or even needing to look down.

“Nothing,” I said as I brushed away a tear.

An impatient growl came out from Nicholas Windsor’s way. We stopped fooling around, especially me, because our last encounter still remained haunting in my head. What if instead of slicing of a bit of my hair, he’ll come after my life? I don’t want to die young so I’m just going to keep to his good side.

“I think it’s about time to board your next flight to Corsica, don’t you think?”

Ivan didn’t make a sound and neither did I. The tone of his voice was cold and sinister giving off a dark eerie aura but Ivan was the only one who was affected by it the most. I felt him shrinking smaller and smaller beside me till he was no longer visible within the naked eye. It was clear to me that in Moreau’s and Ivan’s world the royalty always seemed to be higher than the nobles even if the nobleman is wealthier than the royalty, they are always respected and to be feared.

“I’ll also take this nuisance with me, so see you around midget,” Nicholas Windsor added.

That instant, Nicholas Windsor grabbed me by the forearm and began dragging me down the pathway. Confused with the sudden change of events, I looked back at Ivan; he was throwing furious spasms and screamed out protests about his height then stormed off the opposite direction glaring at those who looked at him strangely.

After crossing few more streets, my arm grew sore and tired. I tried wrenching myself out of Nicholas Windsor’s rock hard grip but in process, it caused more pain shooting up my arm and some numbinng from the shortage of blood circulation.

“Nicholas Windsor, let me go!” I demanded. “You’re hurting me and where the heck are you taking me?”

I flailed a bit more with my heels burning against the pavement as I planted my feet on the ground refusing to move any further. My free hand already pushing away Nicholas Windsor’s grip and then all the suddenly his hand slipped away. I lost balance and rocked backwards.

Behind me, I heard a soft tingling peals of bells and those sort of circling noises a bike makes coming closer and closer. I instinctively whirled my head around and in the corner of my eyes a cyclist was coming my way ringing his bell. Quickly, I moved aside and suddenly my foot slipped on something round sending me falling backwards all over again.

“Shoot!” I did a little cry and held my breath hopping that it will end up fast and easy.

In a sudden blur, a stream of grey flickered violently against the wind, a strong arm extended out wrapping tight around my waist to stop me for hitting the cold solid ground. I was then yanked up into a short twirl and slapped bang into a haze of black. It was warm against my cheek and without warning I felt a sudden rise and fall. Immediately I jerked back glimpsing at Nicholas Windsor’s strong sharp features.