Chapter 10

It was a wet day on the island of Corsica. The courtyard was filled with paddles and rain stopped and poured every now and then. What makes things worse was that for all the days of the week, the school had to choose this day to change the carpets in the south wing. The south wing was basically the front part of the school and people usually uses the stairs there to go through to the other parts of the school. Now that the commonly used staircases were blocked we were forced to use the other entrances of the other wings to get into the building.

Stefan and Lucie stalked behind me as they took turns holding up an umbrella to shelter me from the drizzling rain. I walked faster, not wanting to be treated as a princess or a proper lady like everyone else around me. 

Then suddenly the soles of my Miu Miu lost grip and fell forward, my duffel bag flew out of my hand.

“Miss Moreau!” my loyal servants and companions screamed out for me.

It was too late. I was on the slimy pavement with my stockings torn; dirt caked over the front part of my uniform and last of all a sprained left wrist. It throbbed and began to swell very badly. I had use it to stop my face from getting it smashed and to receive a unattractive make-over which worth the pain.

“Sorry, I only managed to catch your bag and not you,”

I looked up to see where the voice was coming from. A devilish grinned at me.

“Nicholas Windsor?” it almost sounded like an exclamation mark.

“Yup, that’s my name and don’t wear out,” he sang.

“What the hell are you doing here?” I barked at him.

People around me stopped and stared, not at me but Nicholas Windsor. He was wearing the Corsica boys’ uniform, the vest, the school blazer and all. He was immune to their stares, like I remembered how he completely ignored the girls fawning all over him at the bus stop one time so that’s where the rumor about him having no interests in women have started.

More people gathered around and gasped at his sudden appearance. Nicholas Windsor quickly shoved out of his blazer and threw it at me. I gaped at him for a few seconds then realized what he was getting at. The front of my shirt was transparent, all thanks to the paddle I happened to fall straight in.

“Oh my! Is that Nicholas? I cannot believe he is back!” squealed some girls.

“I see…So that is how it is. He must have been bored of the normal life that he had foolishly left the school,” some boys grunted.

What the – So who is he and why is he back now if he was no longer a student here? I mean I see how he wanted to have a normal life because of the insanity of how things work as a rich person. It did quite make sense why he was in Hamilton at the first place because Hamilton High is a school only for elites, not only you have to be loaded to attend the school, you would also have to past their entrance exams, then after high school you can apply for a direct admission to their university department with ease.

Before I was given the chance to question Nicholas Windsor myself, he had slung my bag over one shoulder and lifted me off the ground and out of all the other ways of making me get up he had to us the humiliating princess lift.  I kicked and flailed to be let go but he continued to carry me like this for the next five minutes.

Girls who knew him hissed and glared at me as we walked past.  When we finally came to the infirmary, he settled me down on a spare bed. I was glad to be free from his clasp and shuddered at his touch.  A nurse came running in to see what’s wrong. Nicholas gave her a quick report and immediately, the nurse came back with some bandages.