Return of the champ-Roman Reigns

Plot Summary: Roman and Y/N have always continuously flirted with words, and their eyes but never pursued anything. When she returns at the summerslam in Las Vegas for the Smackdown Women's championship....everything changes.

Y/N's P.O.V

The crowd was euphoric as you made your 18 month return from your double ACL injuries. Becky Lynch was the current champion, and the two of you have a short match, and you walk out as champion. The whole crowd chanting your name, and you couldn't stop smiling.

The one person you were nervous to see was Roman. It had been a long time since you had seen him, and you barely got by with his random texts and phone calls. Seeing him would be a different story.

"How bad is it?" Roman asks as he walks into the trainers room.

"It's both knees. Freak accident. I'm going to be out for a while." You look up at him with tears falling down your face. "That's at least a year. What the fuck am I going to do Roman?"

He sits down on the edge of the bed, and takes your hands in his. "You know what you're going to do? You're going to have successful surgeries, heal, and then work to get both of those knees stronger than they were before."

"This is what I get for carrying the women's division on my back. Buckled under the pressure." You tell him, and he smirks at you.

"There she is. That's my girl." He tells you, and stands back up. The silence is deafening between the two of you because you know you won't see him for a long time. "Y/N...I"

"Don't." You shake your head. He sighs, and doesn't say anything else. "I'll see you when I come back, alright?"

He nods, and bends down to press a kiss to the top of your head. "At least text me about the surgery? I need to make sure you're okay."

"Of course." You tell him, and he moves some of your hair behind your ear. "I promise."

"Good." He says, and looks at you once more before leaving the room.

As soon as you make your way to the back you are met with many people congratulating you and hugging you. As you make your way down the line you look up and see Roman's stature, and your breath hitches in your throat. He was dressed in his normal black cargo pants, and his merch shirt. No jimmy or Jey with him, but Paul was.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite champ. Back at it again." He says with a smirk, his eyes going up and down your body. "Knees look like they work again."

You giggle, and look him over. "Wouldn't you like to know." You tease him, and he bites down on his lip.

"Congratulations, and welcome back." He says, and opens his arms for you. As soon as they wrapped around you, you felt safe like you always did in his arms. "I missed you, baby girl." He whispers in your ear, and you hug him tighter.

He pulls away from you, and you can't help but stare at him. "You staying for the rest of the night?" He asks you, and you nod.

"Couldn't miss my favorite champ in action either." You say with a wink, and walk off before he can say anything else.

"Are you nervous?" Roman asks me as you were about to go back for surgery.

"I'll only admit this to you, but yes. I'm terrified." You confess to him. He stares into your eyes, and looks around for anyone that may be looking at them. He gently presses his lips to yours.

"You've got this baby girl. I'll be here when you get out." He tells you, and kisses your forehead.

Roman finally makes his way backstage after the show, and you slowly make your way to his locker room. When he walks inside, he's alone. He looks up at you, and smiles. "Still not used to you being around here again."