1000 Days-Roman Reigns

Your heart was beating so fast, and it felt like the world around you was crumbling. Escalating breathing, and temperature increasing on your body was making it hard to calm down. 

"Hey, it's just me." He whispers, and your eyes finally look up at his face. "It's just me. Breathe babygirl." He holds onto you, and caresses your arms with his hands. "I've got you." Without another thought, you lean forward and press your lips to his. Roman doesn't even have to think about it, before kissing you back. When you pull away, your breathing has slowed way down. 

"I'm sorry, I-" You began to stutter again, but he just shook his head. "I don't know what I was thinking." 

"Just breathe for me. Okay?" Roman says, and you nod. He holds your hands in his, and you need him to be closer. "What do you need from me?"

"Hold me?" You ask him, and he gives you a small nod with a smile, and pulls you into his arms. At this moment, you're so glad that he decided to meet you at his own home instead of in public. You wrap your entire body around him, and he holds you. Just like he used to do. He hums in your ear quietly as you try to block out the noise. 

"That brilliant brain of yours still likes to be mean to you, huh?" He asks, and you nod. "It's okay. I'm here. I've got you." You dip your head back down to kiss him again to which he easily responds. You go back to holding onto him, and before you know it, you were asleep.

When you wake up, Roman is already there looking at you. He smiles when you fully wake up, and offers you some water. "How are you feeling this morning?"

"Better, but embarrassed." You chuckle lightly, and he gives you a small smile. "I was so nervous about seeing you again after all this time, and for it to be an article about you and your historic run I guess all the feelings hit me at once. I haven't had one that bad since I left." 

Roman's eyes narrow down to the bed at the last sentence, and you just know that he still feels that hurt too. "You can always come to me for anything, you know that."

"I know, and I'm sorry for kissing you. That wasn't right." 

"Stop apologizing and get ready to pick my brain. I know you've got quite a few questions to ask me for this article." 

"Right, yes I do. Let me just get dressed, and I'll be right back." Roman nods, and watches as you leave to go to the bathroom. What you didn't know is that Roman, besides the circumstances of what had occurred, missed the feeling of your lips on his. Sleeping with you in his arms was something that he had truly missed. He misses you every second of every day. Maybe this was his fate? Maybe this was the way that you two come back to each other. Maybe this is the true love story of him, and you. 

When you walk out of the room, Roman's gaze is all over you. The woman he is destined to be with. "Ready?" 

"Yeah, I just need to make a call first."

****************************************************************************************

Roman really does Reign. By the time you are reading this, Roman Reigns will have surpassed 1,000 days as Universal Champion. How does he do it? I am here to tell you...

"Y/N, this is so good. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. So many people are asking who wrote such an authentic piece on me." Roman tells you, and you smile at him. "Seriously, you are amazing at what you do."

"As are you, apparently." You tell him with a light laugh. "You made it easy. Being able to be here and to talk to you has been such a weight off of my shoulders. Minus the panic attack."