Can't See You-Roman Reigns

"You what?" You ask the man standing before you who you thought was your best friend.

"If I want to make things work with my wife, I can't hang out with you anymore." He states again, and you can feel the tears brim your eyes. This was Roman. Not only was he your best friend, but you had loved him for years. "I have to do it, I'm sorry."

You just nod at him, not being able to form a sentence. You silently walk over to the other side of the room to grab your purse and coat from his couch. You walk over to the door when he grabs your wrist. "Don't, Roman."

"You have to understand how hard this is for me."

"Not as hard as it is for me." You finally turn around and look at him. "And I'm pretty sure you know why."

You turn to twist the knob on his door never knowing when you would be back.

**********************************************************************

You hadn't spoken to him in over two weeks. It hurt, and you cried, a lot. You had loved Roman since the moment you walked into the doors of the performance center. He had been a big inspiration throughout your career, and the love grew from a fan level to a personal one. He was so humble, and his knowledge of the business was intriguing to you. That's how you first started to hang out, you picked his brain.

"So, tell me Roman, what was it like growing up in such a big wrestling family?" You ask him as you two sat down at catering to eat.

"A lot of advantages that's for sure. Even with me choosing to wrestle later in my life, I've been very lucky to have the family that I have."

"How do you keep so humble?"

"I didn't exactly have it as easy as everyone says when I was younger. I know there are people who have way less than me, and I just want to be the person that gives what he can, you know?"

Ever since the you had been hooked, and in love. He made you laugh, and always made you feel safe.

"Y/N?" You look up from your writing to see one of your close friend's Seth Rollins. "Hey, what are you doing out here?"

"It was kind of loud in catering, and I'm trying to get this paper down for my class." You tell him, and he gives you a look. A look that says the real reason you aren't in catering is because Roman was in there.

"Look, I heard about what happened with you and Roman. I'm really sorry." He says, and sits down across from you. "How are you holding up?"

"I'm okay." You shrug, but Seth was another one of your close friends, and knew you were lying.

"You know you can talk to me, right?" He asks you, and you nod. "I'm serious. This can't be easy on you."

"He needs to focus on his marriage. Who am I to be upset about that?" You ask him although it was like stabs to your heart.

"Y/N, he is so blind. He doesn't see it. I know he loves you, but he's a big idiot sometimes." This earns a chuckle from you. "Give it time okay? And you're always welcome at me and Beks house."

"Thanks Seth, I appreciate that." You tell him, and he gives you a nod and a smile before leaving you alone.

***********************************************************************

A few weeks later you had taken up Seth's offer to come to him, and Becky's for a small get together that they were having.

"Y/N, so glad you can make it!" Becky states when you walk in the door.