Back On The Saddle-Roman Reigns

***//MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK***//

"Okay, what about Roman?" Your friend asks while you're out at your bar and grill you typically go to when you get paid. To have a nice night out before bills take the rest of your money.

"What about him?" You ask, and your eyes move over to the bartender behind thr bar. He was very handsome, but he had a reputation.

"In order for you to get over somebody, you have to get under somebody else. He flirts with you all the time!"

"He's a bartender. Flirting is basically in the job description." You look back over at him, and he was looking at you this time. You wave, and he gives you a small head nod.

"So, you're saying that if he said he wanted you...you would say no?"

"No, but sex is a big deal for me. I've never had one night stands. Hell, up until recently I had only had the same dick since I lost my virginity. I have to trust the person."

"And you don't trust Roman? You even told him about the divorce..."

"Only because I needed a drink, and he's a bartender. They're basically paid to listen. He doesn't care."

"Let's find out." She says, and gets up from the table to walk over to Roman.

"What is she doing?" You ask your other friend at the table, and you feel so embarrassed right now.

She smirks as she walks back to the table, and you wait for her to tell you what she did. "I just invited him to your birthday party this weekend, and he said yes."

You mentally face palm, and don't dare to look over at the bar anymore. "Why would you do that?"

"Because, he is into you! Honey, I love you, but the divorce was over six months ago. You deserve to have some happiness."

Maybe she's right?

You finish up the rest of your night, and follow shortly behind your friends. "So tell me, what should I wear to this birthday party?" Roman stops you on the way out.

"Oh uh, you don't really have to come. My friend can be a little straight forward." You laugh nervously.

"Oh. So, you don't want me to come?" He asks you, and you feel your nervousness begin to take over.

"I just don't want you doing something that you don't want to. I know how that is." You say and look at the ground.

"Who says I don't want to?" He lifts your chin to look at him. "Here's my number. Text me the details, okay?" He says, handing you a piece of paper.

"I will do that." You tell him with a smile, and he reaches over to kiss your cheek.

"You better." He whispers in your ear, and then he exits the building. Your mind was dizzy, and your cheek was on fire. It's been a long time since you've felt this way.

********************************
You were nervous, and so you started drinking probably a little too early, but who cares? You were turning 28 and a hot bartender was going to be showing up any second now.

"Happy birthday." You turn to see the tall, handsome man.

"You actually came?" He smiles at you, and wraps you in a big hug.

"Wouldn't have missed it." You pull from the hug, but don't miss the way his hand slides into yours.

"I don't really do big parties and I only have a small group of friends because my ex husband wa-"

"Was a piece of shit. I know." He says, and you blush. "You didn't think I'd remember? You tipped me really well that night."

"Because I felt bad!"