One Year Later-Seth Rollins

Today was the day. You would be seeing Seth again after a year long break from each other.

You were so nervous you felt like you could throw up. You were seeing him at a dinner Roman was throwing for Seth winning his first title in three years.

Did he want to see you? Did he miss you? Does he have someone else? These were all questions that ran through your head.

You make your way to the restaurant, and take a deep breath before walking inside.

"Do you have a reservation ma'am?" They ask at the front.

"Yes, I'm here for the Reigns party." He takes you and leads you back. Roman notices you first, walking over to greet you. "Hi."

"So glad you could make it." He says, pulling away from the hug. "He's in waiting for you."

"H-he is?" You stutter, and Roman smirks at you. "Oh god okay. Do I look okay?"

"You look stunning. He's going to lose it." Roman tells you exactly what you needed to hear. "Come on." He sticks his arm out for you to hold on to which was probably a good thing since you felt unstable anyways in these heels.

Everyone says hi, and you make your way to the end of the table where he sat. He had a big smile on his face while talking to a few other superstars. "Is this seat taken?" You ask, clearing your throat and that's when his eyes finally meet yours. You swear your heart stops beating momentarily.

"Oh my god." He chokes out, and stands up to face you. "It's really you. You're here." His voice lowers to a whisper.

"Yep, I'm here." You chuckle nervously, and he pulls you in for a tight hug. You wrap your arms around him, and he hugs you tighter.

"You look beautiful." He whispers in your ear. Luckily everyone else was still talking amongst each other.

"Thank you." You didn't want to let go, and neither did he. He finally pulls away from the hug, and his eyes roam over your face.

"Sit, please. I want to hear all about your year."

And so you did. You told him every little detail. His eyes never leaving yours, and his hand staying connected with yours.

"I hear you won your first title in three years. That's exciting."

"That doesn't compare to this. To having you here. I've missed you so much, Y/N. But, I knew you needed to pursue your career. I couldn't be selfish and hold you back."

"I thought about you every single day, Seth."

"Yeah?" He asks with a smile, tears in his eyes. "I haven't stopped thinking about you either."

"Oh, thank God." You say, and he just stares at you. "I was afraid that..."

"Never." He shakes his head. "You do remember I bought a ring before you left right? Think I was just gunna give it to someone else?" He jokes, and you can't help, but laugh with him.

"Alright guys, we're heading out. Have a good night." Roman tells us, and we get up as well.

"Can I give you a ride home? I'm assuming you got an uber here."

"You know me too well, Rollins." He smirks, and gives you his suit coat.

"Come on, let's get you home."

"Seth, I'm sorry. I can't say yes." You tell him, and the look on his face broke you in half. "I love you, but I just got this job offer and I was planning on telling you, but could never find the time."