chapter 34 - I'm Back

Thank you so much NaylaCangtip_, LunarWolfNeko, ellehanagaki, LeaaMrtn and NoaFaust for reading!  ☆ミ ☆彡  ☆ミ 

- - - - - -

Chapter 34 - I'm Back

"Fuwah!" You breathed out as you drop yourself onto the bed. Closing your eyes as you felt the tension in your body relax. I feel so tired.

"Are you going to sleep here today?"

You heard A asked from the other side of the room. Probably by the door. Without turning to him, you answered. "Nah, I gotta go home early tonight. I promised Kakuchou that we'll dine together."

"Alright." He replied. There was a long moment of silence before you heard his footsteps walking towards the side of the bed.

"What is it?" You asked after awhile as you sense him staring at you. But he didn't utter a word. Making you open your eyes and look at him. Much to your surprise, A was frowning. It was as if he's conflicted by something.  What's wrong with him?

"A. Talk to me... What are you worried about?" You looked at him in the eyes. Trying to figure out what's wrong. I know A has been open about his emotions lately. But this isn't the same as the other times.

"I..." He paused and sighed. Calming his own thoughts. "Ever since you took me out of that place, I had already sworn to follow whatever it is that you want." He said. His expression was telling you that he meant what he said. "But if it endangers you I-..." He stopped talking. Pressing his lips firmly on a thin line. Afraid that he might cross a line that you had never drawn.

Bewildered by his sudden outburst, you stared at him for a bit before blinking a couple few times. As you realized what it was that got A so worked up, you ruffled your own hair as you chuckled at him. So it's about that huh?

You sat up from the bed. Sitting on the edge, facing him. "Do you think that I'll lose?" You asked him teasingly. Agitating the young man in front of you.

"N-no! That's not what I-!"

"HAHAHAHA!" You interrupted him with a laugh. He was panicking and it was so cute. I never imagined that I'll see him like this. You thought, smiling. "But that's right..." You said. "You should always overestimate your enemies." You continued as you stood up and walked towards the wall behind him. Analyzing the pictures and articles that were attached to it in an organized manner. "I also think I'll lose." You reached out to one of the pictures that was plastered on the wall.

"But that's-"

"Look." You said as you turned around. Showing him the picture in your hand. "I'm fighting with a devil afterall... Of course I'm guaranteed to lose." You smiled bitterly before crumpling Henry's picture. "Isn't it unfair? He's definitely the bad guy. Why is he living such a luxurious life?"

"He's got everything. While I have nothing. I can't compete with that." You scoffed. Your blood boiling at the fact that in the span of 2 years. Henry got more powerful than he was despite your effort of hindering his plans. It wasn't entirely futile but he still ended up having the upper hand.

"That's exactly why I'm not fully agreeing with your decision Azula! Why are you going to fight him now? When his authority had spread out even to the police?" He exclaimed. Finally able to express what he really wants to say.