Chapter 53

Jessica Drew's POV

Honestly, it's really sad and pathetic that Steve Rogers, the so-called Captain America, didn't try to get to know the real Tony Stark. He has known this man since 2012 and still thinks that he's some selfish bastard who likes to waste his money around. Screw him though. I've known Tony for my entire life and I know that Tony's nothing like the man that Rogers claims he is.

I mean it's bad enough that Rogers kept trying to compare Tony to his father, a man that Tony has known and despised for the first seventeen years of his life while Rogers only known him for about a few months, but the fact that he always based Tony's actions and personality because of some one-sided and very biased thirty minutes of footage that the former SHIELD showed him. He didn't even bother to ask questions or try to get Tony's side of what happened, he just believed that everything in that footage.

And don't even get me started on the report. Any normal reasonable person with a brain that functions normally would've made this report invalid since the poor man was dying from heavy metal poisoning; from the very thing that was supposed to keep him alive, so of course, he wouldn't act like himself, especially in very stressful situations like that expo incident. Yet, all of the Avengers and former SHIELD members treated that report like it was the most accurate evaluation of Tony, which it wasn't.

But, then again, Tony never really cared about what people thought about him, and he's not going to start now. He knows that it's time for the "Merchant of Death" to make a comeback, especially now since he has Jarvis back alive and more than ready to help him. And I can't forget about Friday.

Not to mention all of his team members right behind him and ready to help him, just like real teammates are supposed to do. I know that Ethan's more than ready to help, I still remember how pissed off he was when Josh told him that Rogers and Romanov didn't follow him into the school.

Not that I don't blame him, of course. He has every right to pissed off at them, seeing how out of the issues that the Rogues caused for everyone, Tony and him had to deal with the most. But, as long as Ethan sticks with the plan and doesn't burn the Rogues alive, then everything will go as smoothly as possible.

Ethan Cooper's POV

To be honest, I'm still pissed off that Rogers and Romanov didn't follow Josh into the school. I hoped that we could've just gotten rid of them right then and there, and then, we never would've had to deal with them ever again, but I guess that these kinds of things just happen for a reason.

Well, I have to say, I'm kind of impressed on how much Pietro and Harley are tolerating the constant delusional and hypocritical statements that comes out of Rogers' and Romanov's mouths, seeing how they're right now planning on how to help Maximoff escape the school that she had to be enrolled in because she's unstable and could and will hurt someone if she's not kept under control.

Well, I shouldn't worry, and neither should everyone else because Tony Stark is back in action and no-one is going underestimate or walk over him ever again after this.

I just hope that Harley and Pietro can handle this, especially Harley. I know for a fact that they're probably going through hell right now because of this plan.

Harley Keener's POV

I. Hate. This. So. Much. I hate this so much. I swear that I am this close to burning Rogers alive with my missiles if I hear another word about how Tony was being harsh and unfair to Maximoff by sending her to that so-called prison.

Who said that low-powered missiles couldn't do that much damage? They're still missiles and I would use them, but I'll never hear the end of it from Jessica if I screw this plan up. And I'm not willing to sit through that lecture from her.

Actually, I take that back. I'd rather sit through an almost two long lecture from Jessica than suffer through another minute listening to whatever delusional crap that came out of Rogers' mouth. I can't believe that I even volunteered to do this! This is, like, torture!

How Mechanic and Birdbrain managed to deal with them for so long, I'll never understand, but the sooner that we can give them out of here, the sooner that I never have to sit through another delusional speech from the so-called Captain America.

How did this guy even get enlisted into World War II in the first place? Let alone, be called an excellent strategist? He's completely useless! I mean, I've seen Ethan and Josh come up with better and more successful plans than this useless piece of propaganda! If anyone should deserve to be called an excellent strategist, then it should be them.

Actually, that would be pretty funny to see either Ethan or Josh become the new Captain America, especially Ethan, since Rogers has the most problems with him. He would freak out and go absolutely insane. But I think that both Ethan and Josh would hate it, since they don't want or like attention like that, they wouldn't like to the new poster boy that's supposed to represent America.

But, it would be cool if one of them wanted to. Anyways, enough of that. Unfortunately, it's time to discuss the plan on how to break the psychopathic criminal and terrorist out of the school.

Just hang in there, Harley, it'll be over before you know it. I think that I'm going to need a long break from the superhero business after this mess is finally cleaned up. Because I'm certain that everyone in this entire team knows that I definitely deserve it after all of the crap that I had to sit through. Well, to be honest, I think that everyone else also deserves a vacation after all of this mess is taken care.

Well, no-one said that a superhero's job is easy, and I'm just now learning it for myself.