Chapter 75: THE BEGINNING OF THE END( PART TWO)

Tony Stark's POV

Man, Squidward is tougher than I thought and the mutated boulder regained consciousness and started to fight against us again. So, this battle against them is even harder than I thought.

Eventually, the rest of my team joined in and helped us, but it wasn't enough to take them down, but at least it kept them from destroying the rest of the city. Rhodey's team joined us and it seemed like we had the advantage since Josh and Michael worked as the dream team. Michael used his Extremis abilities to distract the boulder to keep me occupied while Josh transformed into a creature of some kind to overtake the boulder. With the distraction, Wong opened a portal underneath him and it placed him somewhere else for the time being. He will be rescued by the army eventually, but at least he won't be in the battle for the time being. Now, it is time to deal with Squidward.

Squidward made an attempt to take the Time Stone from Dr. Strange, but Vision and I blasted him away from him with our Infinity Stones powers.

"You can't stop what needs to be done to protect the universe!"

"Correction, you can't stop what needs to be done to protect the universe!"

"Just give me the Stones, then you might be able to escape with your lives"

"Not a chance. But speaking of Thanos, if he wants me that badly, then he can have me. Tell him to meet me at the New Avengers compound. We can settle it once and for all over there"

"I will pass the word onto him". Squidward transported back his donut in the sky, then the rest of the team members looked at me in confusion.

"What are you planning on doing, Tony?", Pepper asked in a concerned and worried tone.

"I am giving Thanos what he wants, which is me"

"Tones- -", Rhodey started to speak, but I interrupted him.

"No, I have to do this. The rest of you need to defend the city and the Infinity Stones. As long as Strange, Ethan and Vision are in the city, the army will not stop until they have all of the Infinity Stones". Before anyone else could say anything else, I flew away toward the compound. All of this needs to end now. I will make sure that all of this ends today.

Ethan Cooper's POV

Being kidnapped and held captive by one of the lieutenants is the last situation that I wanted to be in, but here we are.

"So, you are the new keeper of the Soul Stone? I wonder why Tony Stark would trust someone as young as you to have it in your possession", the weird-looking lady with a staff in her hand commented. "Where are you hiding the Soul Stone?! I can sense it on you!"

"You can sense it on me? That is kind of weird, but at this point in time, nothing should surprise me and it should all start to make a little bit of sense. But, regardless, it doesn't matter to me. You are not going to get the Soul Stone from me. As long as I am still standing, I won't let that happen"

"Either you give me the Soul Stone willingly or I will personally rip it out of you!"

"Graphic much? I am not afraid of you! Over my dead body will you ever get the Soul Stone out of me!"

"That can arranged". She pointed her staff toward my chest and was about to pierce me with it. Before she could even touch me, Pietro came speeding toward the section of the city that I was in, distracting the lieutenant, then Jessica came flying in. Talk about perfect timing.

Jessica used her spider abilities to restrain the lieutenant, but it wasn't enough to keep her there forever, so she broke free and started to fight against Pietro and Jessica. Pietro used his speeding abilities to avoid her attacks and Jess used her flying abilities in her 'Blue Streak' suit to evade the attacks and managed to blast her a couple of times. I managed to break free from the restraints and called for backup on the silent comms from Mom's team, then I joined in to help Pietro and Jessica.

Pietro made the mistake of resting and keeping his guard down as the lieutenant used that advantage to attempt to stab him with her staff, but Jessica intervened and got stabbed straight through the suit, then thrown aside.

"Jess!". She collapsed onto the ground and started to lose a lot of blood. She didn't stand up from the ground and she wasn't moving at all. So, in a blind fit of rage, I lunged at the lieutenant and started an onslaught of blasting from the combination of my Soul and Space Stone powers. I didn't stop the blasting until Mom pulled me away and calmed me down.

"It's okay, Ethan. It's okay". I looked down and saw a smoldering mess that used to be the lieutenant. Wow, I really did a number on that lieutenant. It wouldn't take a genius to know that she would be coming back anytime soon. Good, that is one of those bastards down. Three more to go.

One of Mom's team members, Sentry, checked on Jess and checked for a pulse. Please don't die. Please don't die. You can't die on me. The team needs you. I need you.

"She has a pulse. It is not strong, but it is not weak". Good, that means that she still has a chance.

"Take her to the med bay in the tower! And hurry!", I commanded them. Mom carefully picked up Jess in a bridal position and flew her toward the tower. I contacted the team on the comms and let them know what happened, which they were all shocked and upset about what happened, but they knew that they couldn't leave their positions because they had to keep fighting to make sure that their sections were protected, so I just told them to remain where they were and continue to defend their sections. I guess that I have to step in and be the leader for now. At least until Jess recovers. I know that she will recover. She has to.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault", Pietro stated, feeling immense guilt.

"No, it wasn't your fault! Don't blame yourself. Jess would gladly put her life on the line if it meant that her team members would live. She will be fine. I know that she will be fine. But we have to keep fighting. Jess wouldn't want us to stop because of her. We need to win this battle for anyone in the universe"

"I know, and we will"

"Come on. We have to protect the rest of the city. There are still three more lieutenants out there, and we have to defeat them"

"You're right. Let's do this, not just for the universe, but for Jessica"

"For Jess". We continued into battle and protection of the citizens. Don't worry, Jess. We will win this for the universe and for you.