Chapter 76: THE BEGINNING OF THE END( PART THREE)

Tony Stark's POV

Carol notified me of the news that Jessica was stabbed by one of the lieutenants and was currently in the med bay. No, not Jess. Why did it have to be Jess? It should have been me, not her. As much as I wanted to visit her, I was not able to. I needed to meet with this mad titan and prevent him from destroying half of all life in the universe. Just make a fast recovery, Jess. You can't die on me. You are not allowed to die on me.

Finally, the spaceship arrived and Thanos stepped down from it. It is time to settle all of this once and for all. This is what I have been training for. This is what I have been preparing for. This is for all of the lives in the rest of the universe. This is for all of the lives on Earth.

"Tony Stark"

"You know who I am?"

"The man who defeated my whole entire army those many years ago and the man who managed to withstand the power of all of the Infinity Stones, and currently have the remaining Infinity Stones in his possession; the very Infinity Stones that I have spent many years trying to collect. How wouldn't I know who you are?"

"Not surprised, but I don't have the Infinity Stones"

"From what one of my children told me, you somehow found a way to allow other people to have possession of them. How you managed to do that, I don't know, but I know that you still have one of the Infinity Stones in your possession. My children could sense it on you. So, if you give it to me, then I might let you live"

"Why do you need these Infinity Stones so badly? Why do you want to destroy half of all life in the universe so badly? Where did the need to do this come from?"

"The universe is too overpopulated. Let me show you what happened to my planet". He used the Reality Stone to show me a planet; a planet that was fully populated with a species just like him. "This was my home planet, Titan. We used to be successful and highly intelligent at everything that we did, but we had one problem: overpopulation. We did not have enough resources to support everyone. No-one knew how to solve the issue, but I had one solution. We should kill half of the population, so that the other half would live; therefore, we could use our resources carefully and wisely and we could save our entire planet. And you know what happened? Everyone laughed at me and called me insane and crazy". Then, he showed me the devastating remains of that planet. "And in the end, that caused the downfall for everyone. It was too late to save my home planet, but I will make sure that it won't be too late to save the rest of the universe from the same fate that my planet went through"

"So, mass genocide is the best solution that you could come up with?"

"You call it 'genocide', I call it 'survival'. It is small price to pay, so that the entire universe will be saved in the end"

"So, how does that involve the Infinity Stones? Why do you need all of them?"

"The Infinity Stones are the most powerful mystical artifacts in the universe. They would be powerful enough to help me carry out my plan. But one of them won't be enough to carry out my plan, in order for my plan to work, I need all of the Infinity Stones to be in my possession"

"And what will you do once you receive all of the Infinity Stones?"

"I will snap my fingers, then half of all lives in the universe will be erased from existence". Not on my watch.

"Well, I can't let you do that. You might think that protecting the universe means mass destruction and genocide, but unfortunately for you, I am not too fond on that idea. To me, protecting the universe means protecting everyone, not just half of them. So, you will not be taking the rest of the Infinity Stones, not while I am around"