Chapter 70

Thanos' POV( A/N: Surprised?)

Soon, the entire universe will be saved from its own destruction and downfall. I may not have been able to save my own planet from its downfall, but I will not rest until I can prevent the entire universe from destroying itself.

But in order to do that, I need to have all of the Infinity Stones in my grasp, then all of them together will be able to destroy half of the universe's population.

Throughout the mission to search for all of the Infinity Stones, I have acquired the Power Stone from the planet Xandar and the Reality Stone from the Collector on Knowhere, but two out of the six Infinity Stones will not be enough to destroy half of all life in the universe.

We would have been able to acquire the Space Stone from Asgard, but by the time we arrived there, Asgard was found to be destroyed, but I knew that the Space Stone wasn't destroyed with Asgard's destruction; it was in another location.

Because my favorite daughter Gamora and Nebula betrayed me and, unlike their mission they were supposed to complete, never disclosed the location of the Soul Stone to me, Ebony Maw and Proxima Midnight had to be sent out on another mission to find out the location of the Soul Stone, which happened to be located on Vormir. We weren't able to find the Soul Stone because the keeper of the Stone disintegrated due to the Soul Stone's disappearance, so I never figured out how to acquire the Soul Stone or where to find its current location.

While the Time Stone and the Mind Stone were discovered to be located on Earth, it was still unclear where the Space Stone and the Soul Stone could be located. How could two of the most powerful stones in the universe just disappear like that? There is no way that someone could have acquired them before I have. They would have disintegrated as soon as they touched one of the Infinity Stones. I am the only person in the universe who is powerful enough to handle all of the Infinity Stones at once.

How could this plan ever succeed if I don't have all of the Infinity Stones? I need the Space Stone and Soul Stone in order to destroy half of all life in the universe and if I can't find them, then there is no way that I can do that. But I won't fail. It won't happen again. I won't let it happen again.

It wasn't until we ventured closer to Earth that the Power Stone and Reality Stone glowed brighter than usual. Usually, the Infinity Stones would do that when they were in close proximity of each other, but this time, it was different. It could have been because of the Time Stone and Mind Stone, but those Stones could not have been the only reason that the two other Stones were glowing this brightly. It had to be because of the Space Stone and Soul Stone, but how did those two Stones manage to travel to Earth? And why would those two Stones travel to Earth in the first place?

I located the approximate proximity of the four other Stones and found out that the four Infinity Stones emitted the most of their powers from two buildings in a place called New York. I remember that I sent my army there because one of the Infinity Stones was located to be in that place, but why would four of the Infinity Stones be located there this time? What is so special about New York? Actually, what is so special about those two buildings? I remember one of those buildings was attacked during my army's search for the Infinity Stone. I looked into it with more detail and found out about the person who seemed to be in great connection with all of the Infinity Stones.

Tony Stark? The man who defeated my entire army is the one who holds the power of all of the Infinity Stones? How would that be possible? How could a regular human withstand the all of the powers of the Infinity Stones? He should have disintegrated the moment he touched one of them.

Doesn't matter. It should be easier to rip all of the Infinity Stones from him since he is just a regular human being. Also, it would be nice to kill the mortal who defeated my entire army and ruined my first attempt of getting one of the Infinity Stones from Earth.

Watch out, Earth. Once I retrieve those last four Infinity Stones, my plan to save the entire universe from its downfall will succeed. Even if it is the last thing that I do.