Chapter 11

Tony's POV

After last night's press conference, I decided to work on The Avengers Registration Acts. Surprisingly, the committee supported all the ideas I had for the revised accords. Well, to be fair, I did tell them about the threat coming to Earth, so they know that we need as many heroes as we can get. Anyways, I need to set up my roster for the team. I already have Rhodey as War Machine, Jessica as Spider-Woman and Blue Streak, Pietro as Quicksilver, Clint as Hawkeye, and Ethan as...what is his hero name? I'll have to ask him later, but this is not enough people to defend Earth from this threat.

I need some more help. The Spider-kid could be a possibility; he did show a lot of skill during the fight in the airport, but he's still not enough. Maybe the team knows some people that could join the initiative.

"My brother has transmorphing powers and super intelligence. He might be interested in joining the New Avengers", Ethan suggested.

"My half-brother might be interested in joining as well", Jessica also suggested. 

"What's his power?"

"He has the Extremis powers"

"Really? I thought anyone with Extremis, who doesn't have the stabilized version of Extremis that I made, is prone to explode"

"Yeah, but thanks to Ethan's brother. He was able to stabilized it. So, he has all the powers, expect for fire-breathing and spontaneous combustion"

"What? So if you knew someone who has the Extremis powers, then why didn't say something?"

"Well, you seemed so focused on the Infinity Stone powers than Extremis. Besides, you had some experience with Extremis anyways, so I didn't think you needed his help"

"Still it would have been a lot of help though. Anyways, what are their names, so I can recommend them to the committee?"

"Joshua Cooper"

"Michael Drew"

"Alright, great. That's two more people on the team"

"Make that three", Pepper said.

"What? Who?"

"Me. I'm going to join this team, Tony"

"Pepper--"

"No, I don't want to hear any objections, Tony, I want to help. Tony, you said it yourself, you need all the help you can get. I want to help. Put on the roster as Rescue or I'll do it myself"

"Well, fine. It would be crazy to try to argue with you"

"Tony, I can't even convince you to go to sleep at regular hours, and eat at regular times, either. No matter how many times I try to fight you on it"

"Well, that's because I'm not a normal person. But most of the times, I can't argue with you"

"I guess. Anyways, we now have three new recommendations for the New Avengers Initiative"

"Yeah, actually, four. I'm thinking about adding the Spider-kid on the roster. He could be an exception"

"True, you did tell us how skillful he was during the airport battle. How about that Harley kid?"

"What about him?"

"Well, he was pretty helpful with the Extremis situation"

"I don't know"

"You don't know about what? Tony, he may be a minor, but so that Spider-boy. How old is he anyway? Like twelve?"

"He's fifteen"

"Close enough. Anyways, if you're going to add a super enhanced teenager, then there should be no problem on adding a super smart teenager as well"

"But that's the thing, I'm adding Spider-kid because he's enhanced. I'm not comfortable about Harley though. He's an unenhanced individual and I don't want to put that kind of pressure on the kid"

"But, Tony, didn't you say that you wanted Harley to be the next Iron-man?"

"Yes?"

"So this could be a chance to see if he's the right replacement. Look, Tony, you don't have to put him on an official team. Maybe put him on a team for kids, maybe?"

Suddenly, I just had an idea. A team for minors, that's brilliant! Maybe they can handle the minor emergencies. That way I don't have to worry about the kids in dangerous missions.

"That's it! Jessica, that's genius"

"What?"

"An Avengers' team that's just for minors or anyone under 21"

"Well, that could work. You wouldn't have to worry about the Spider-boy or Harley"

"Yeah and I want you to be the leader of the group"

"Wait? Me?"

"Yes. It was your idea, so you should be the leader"

"But why me?"

"Because I trust you. Besides, you're under 21, I don't want you to be apart of the dangerous missions"

"Well, fine. What's the name of this group?"

"How about the Young Avengers?"

"Young Avengers? Really? Well, fine. I guess it's better than nothing. Well, I hope you're ready, Ethan, we're going to be spending a lot of time with each other"

"Like we don't spend a lot of time with each other already?"

"Ok, Tony, Let's do this. I've already got my first teammate"

"Great, that's one team leader down. Avengers, let's get our team together"