Chapter 23

Tony's POV

Jessica and I led everyone into one of the tower's conference rooms where I explained to them the team and the Registration Acts.

"Wait? This is the dude who single-handedly defeated an entire army?", the talking raccoon said, interrupting me after I announced that I'm also known Iron-Man.

"I am Groot"

"I know, right? I excepted a little more out of this guy"

"Hold on, Build-a-Bear and the tree can talk?"

"Yeah, that's Rocket and I'm sure you can guess what the tree's name is", Jessica answered.

"Ok, anyways, as I was saying. Before any of your guys can become official Avengers, you need to sign the New Avengers Registration Acts. Here are the copies of them. You also need to put down your powers or abilities as well, so the committee can know what skills you have". I handed them each a copy of the acts. They all read each page carefully. To my surprise, they all signed it. "Wow, I'm surprised you all agreed so easily"

"I can agree with this, it just holding us accountable, there's nothing bad about that", The human who I assume is the leader of the group.

"Didn't you guys say that some queen almost killed you because Rocket stole their batteries? Would you call that holding you accountable?", Carol asked.

"That was different. That queen was just crazy"

"Well, we're all surprised because the last time we had the accords, the former Avengers caused a 'civil war', which resulted in them becoming fugitives. So, excuse us for being a little nervous about when it comes to other heroes signing the acts, we just don't know how they would react"

"Well, I don't get the issue is. A war over a bunch of stupid documents?"

"Well, there are more than just 'stupid documents', but I guess it's fine since you're signing. Anyways, welcome to the New Avengers"

"Yeah, but I've been thinking since you guys are already protecting other planets from intergalactic threats, maybe we could have an avengers team that specializes in space missions. I'm planning on building an organization that specializes in space threats as well, so that could work"

"That sounds like a good idea. By the way, Tony. Did you ever ask that person to be the director of SWORD yet?"

"Yes, I asked Maria Hill and she said she'll do it as soon as the organization is complete"

"Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that you asked her. You two never seemed to get along with each other back when SHIELD was still around"

"There's a lot that you don't know about me, Jessica. Anyways, I think a space team for the Avengers could work, and you all can join"

"Actually, Mr. Stark. I was hoping to be a part of the Avengers here on Earth. To be closer with my son", Carol said, sounding concerned.

"Well, that's not a problem, I could put you on a regular Avengers team, but looking at your history in the military as a former U.S Air Force fighter pilot and former Brigadier general of the Air Force, so there's a high chance that the committee might make you a leader of your own team"

"While on the topic of leaders, who's the leader of the Guardians of the Galaxy?"

"I'm the leader"

"Ok, then I'll make sure the committee recognizes you as the leader, and General Danvers, I'll make sure the committee makes you a leader as well"

"Thank you, Mr. Stark. But please, call me Carol"

"As long as you call me Tony"

"Deal". Suddenly, Ethan walked into the conference.

"Hey, Tony and Jessica. Sorry to interrupt, but Josh and Mike just arrived at the tower"

"Ok, we're about finished here anyways, so I'll call you when I'm done"

"Ok". He left afterwards.

"Ok, any last questions before we wrap up?". No-one had any questions. "Ok, that's it, everyone. Thank you for cooperating and enjoy the rest of your day". Once everyone left, excluding Jessica, I called Ethan to bring Josh and Mike into the conference room.

"Hello, Mr. Cooper and Mr. Drew. Welcome to Stark Tower"

"Hello, Mr. Stark. It's nice to finally meet you", Josh said.

"Yeah, it's nice to finally meet the man whose been taking care of my half-sister all of these years", Michael said.

"Nice to meet the half-siblings of two of the members to the New Avengers, specifically the Young Avengers. Also, please call me Tony. Now, on with the meeting. I'm aware that you two are interested in becoming members of the New Avengers, correct?"

"Yes, when Ethan mentioned that the Avengers are recruiting new members, I wanted to be involved, mostly because I wanted to ensure his safety since he's a minor"

"Same reason as me. I know that since Jessica's been in your care for a long time, but she's still a minor and I don't want her getting seriously hurt in missions"

"Well, I can ensure you both that Jessica and Ethan are put on a team specifically made for minors or anyone under 21. So, they'll only handle minor emergencies or help rescue citizens during one of the dangerous missions that the New Avengers are on"

"Ok, that's good. So, where do we sign?"

"Here are the copies of the New Avengers Registration Acts, just sign on the bottom then you'll be put on one of the team, except for the Young Avengers since it's for anyone under 21 only"

"Ok, and signed. There, I'm done"

"Really? Didn't you want to read first before signing?"

"I already sent him an email with a copy of the Acts, so he read it ahead of time", Jessica answered.

"Yeah, Ethan did the same thing with me, so we both know what we're getting ourselves into, and we agree with everything the Acts say"

"Oh. ok. Well, that's all I need from you two. Thank you for signing"

"Yeah, when Ethan told me about the threat coming to Earth, I wanted to help protect it"

"Same as me"

"Well, great. We need all the help we can get, and I'm aware of your abilities and powers, but the committee needs to know as well, so I need you to fill that out as well"

"Sure, no problem. I can do that"

"So can I". They both proceeded to fill out their powers and abilities onto their copies of the Acts, then they handed them to me.

"Ok, that's it. thank you, now the committee can have an idea of your abilities and powers"

"Thanks for letting us become members, Tony"

"Yeah, thanks". They both left the conference room afterwards.

"Well, Tony. Make that ten new members in the New Avengers. We're really making progress, aren't we?"

"Yeah, but unfortunately, the rogues still have to come back"

"Gee, Tony. Thanks for ruining my good moment. Speaking of them, did you ask the king of Wakanda if he wanted to join the team?"

"I was, but he has a kingdom to control and he's also on the committee, so I don't think he'll want to abandon his kingdom to join the team"

"That make sense. Oh well, I'm sure there are other heroes out there who would join"

"True, but the difficult part is that we have to find them"

"I couldn't agree with you more, Tony"