Chapter 27

Tony's POV

"So, what do you guys think? Should I consider taking these offers", I asked as I finished explaining the situations about the letters.

"Tony, I honestly don't know why you're asking us about what we think? I think that these are both great opportunities. You should definitely take them", Jessica said.

"I know, but--"

"The first letter's from a principal of a school for mutants. Mutant students who want to join the team, Tony. We could form that second Young Avengers team with them"

"I suppose, but--"

"Also, that SHIELD letter looks promising. I know that you had some bad experiences with the old SHIELD, but I'm sure this one's sincere. I think Clint would agree as well, if he was here"

Clint was gone for the rest of the evening since he had another date with Laura, so I'll have to tell him about Coulson later.

"She does have a point, Tony. This will be great for the New Avengers. I don't see how you wouldn't take these offers", Pepper said, agreeing with Jessica.

"I know she has a point, but working with SHIELD again? I don't know if I can put myself through that again"

"But, Tony. This isn't the old SHIELD, it's a brand-new SHIELD. Not to mention that you have your very own fan who works there and new fans who are also disappointed by the actions of Captain America"

"So. Ethan and Peter are members on the team and they're their own breed of fanatics"

"True, but it's Coulson, Tony. Think about it. Compared to the other members of SHIELD, did he ever criticize you based on your past actions?".

Come to think about it, he never actually criticized me because of my past. He was just more of a Captain America fan than an Iron-Man fan. "Well, no. He never did"

"My point, exactly"

"I have to admit, Tony. Even though I didn't trust SHIELD the moment that they asked you to join their organization, I did like Coulson. He did help us with that situation with Stane"

"I try not to remember that"

"Anyways, I think you can safely assume that Pepper and I both agree that you should take the offer with Coulson", Jessica said trying to prevent any unnecessary tension.

"Do you two really think I should?"

"Yes"

"Yes", they both said at the same time.

"Alright, fine. I'll take both of the offers"

"About time. When and where are you supposed to meet with them?"

"I'm meeting the principal at the school tomorrow. Josh was apparently a former student from that school, so I asked him to help me find it. I guess I'll call Coulson today and schedule an appointment for tomorrow as well"

"Are you going to tell Clint about Coulson? I'm sure he'll want to see his former SHIELD brother again"

"I'm going to have to. He's bound to find out eventually and I can't hide this from him forever"

"True. Anyways, good luck tomorrow. We might have some new members and have an alliance with an organization"'

"I think you're forgetting that I'm Tony Stark, and there's no 'might' in this compromise"

"Right? How could I possibly forget that?", Jessica said sarcastically.

(The next afternoon)