Chapter 6

Clint's POV

I was released from the hospital after the doctors checked all of my vitals. Like Tony said, everything was stable, so I was free to go. I was confused about what he meant by friend. What friend could he be talking about? As far as I know, all of our friends became rogues and fugitives. Who could it be?

When the elevator stopped at the floor into the living area, I stepped out, but froze when I saw who was there. Of course, Pepper, Happy, Rhodey, Vision and Jessica were there, but what I didn't expect was Pietro being there. He was alive? How? How did Tony pull this off?

"Hi, Barton. What's the problem? Didn't see this coming?", he said as he ran over to me to hug me.

"No, I didn't see this coming", I said as I hugged him back. I heard Pepper and Jessica squealing with delight. "How are you here?", I asked as I pulled out of the hug.

"I don't know. I was in the soul world, then a portal appeared, and pulled me through. Then, I appeared in one of the rooms in the tower"

"It doesn't matter. You're alive". We sat on the couch and started to catch up with each other. We talked for a while until Jessica stepped into the conversation.

"Umm, I'd hate to interrupt your reunion, but Tony still needs to explain what happened in that bunker"

"Oh, right. Tony, you have the floor"

Tony's POV

"Well, I think you guys might want to sit down for this. It's a long and complicated story". Once everyone sat down on the couch, I started explaining.

I told them from when I placed the rogue avengers into the RAFT, to my promise to Wilson, to the video showing the truth to my parents' murder to Rogers' lies, especially when Rogers put the shield through the suit's power core. I also told them about the infinity stones and the threat coming to Earth.

To say everyone was upset was a major understatement. Pepper looked like she was about to blow up the tower through the roof if Extremis was still active in her system. Happy was trying his best to calm her down, but was angry himself. Jessica looked ready to hunt down the rogues one by one with her iron-suit. Vision looked sad, probably thinking about Wanda. Pietro looked ashamed, also probably thinking about Wanda. Clint was muttering about being glad he didn't join the rogues when Rogers called him. Rhodey was fuming, ready to murder any of the rogues if they show their faces near here.

"I'm going to web those jerks to the wall and shoot them with all the missiles in my suit", Jessica said, cutting the silence in the room.

"I swear if Extremis was still active in my system, I would blast through the ceiling"

"Guys, it's really not that—"

"Don't you dare say it's not that big of a deal, Tony. It's a very big deal", Rhodey interrupted.

"Guys—"

"Tony. He left in a broken suit, that he jammed a shield in, for three days! And you're still defending him?!"

"I'm not defending him! Look, I'm alive now"

"Yeah, after dying on the operating table four times! You only survived because of Extremis and the arc reactor"

"Everyone—"

"I say we melt that shield he cares so much about"

"I'll help"

"I'm in"

"I volunteer to doing the melting", Vision said. The first time he spoke since I shared the news.