Chapter 64

Jessica Drew's POV

Even though that it was kind of a let down that the Young Avengers and most of the younger members of the X-Men could not be able to join in on the first important mission that the New Avengers ever received, it was kind of nice to have the compound all to ourselves.

At least, mostly to ourselves since Bruce was here because he decided to retire from the Avengers business and just decided to be head scientist of the compound, but he mostly stayed downstairs in the lab and never came upstairs into the living room.

At least Laura was here as well since she was on maternity leave and she didn't want to be stuck in her apartment by herself all day, despite the many objections from Clint to do just that.

Those two will make a great married couple one of these days. And of course, Clint will be a great father, especially since he has already been very overprotective of the kid that hasn't even been born yet.

I can't wait to meet my new cousin. And apparently, I am not the only who is ready to meet the newest member of the family.

"So, have you thought of any names for the baby?", Scott, one of the youngest members of the X-Men, asked. I never knew that the Young X-Men were interested in the baby situation. At least as much as the rest of us.

"Clint and I have started some discussions for names, but we haven't agreed on any yet. In fact, we don't even know the gender of the baby yet"

"But why not?", Jean Grey asked.

"Because it is too early to find out whether it is a boy or a girl"

"Well, when you find out, then you'll need to have names for him or her"

"Ok, what suggestions do all of you have? All I know is that if the baby is a boy, we are not naming him Clint Jr."

"Oh, my gosh! Clint actually suggested that?! That is just terrible!"

"That is what I told him! But he said that if I didn't come up with a better name, then that is what the name will be"

"Well, then. We should come up with better names and hopefully, before he comes back from the mission", Harley said with mock confidence.

"Speaking of the mission, I wonder how it is going for them so far"

Yelena Belova's POV

Finally, the New Avengers and I arrived at St. Petersburg. I don't think that I'm ready to face the two people who placed me in the Red Room in the first place. No, I had to do this, so no more young girls will suffer the same pain that I went through.

"Yelena, are you okay?". I snapped out of my thoughts and turned around to look at Tony.

"Yeah, I will be fine. Let's just get this mission over with. By the way, I should warn you that Alexei and Melina are wanted by the government, so they might not be so cooperative with you"

"Like we haven't handled worse than them? Trust me, it will be over before you know it"

"I hope so"

"Josh, Clint. Where is the location of the farm again?"

"The sources said that they were on the outskirts of St. Petersburg. Most likely on the northern outskirts", Josh answered.

"Ok, Hope and Sam, can you guys get an aerial view of the supposed location"

"On it, Tony", Hope responded.

"Josh, send them the coordinates"

"Already one step ahead of you". Hope and Sam jumped out of the jet and flew toward the direction of the coordinates.

As soon as the jet landed in the outskirts of St. Petersburg, Sam spoke on the comms.

"We found them. Hope is sending a picture of one of them to you, Tony". Tony received a photo, then showed it to me.

"Is that Melina?"

"Yes, that is her"

"Ok, Sam. Send me the coordinates of where you two are"

"Got it, Tony"

"Ok, everyone. Let's get down to business". By the time we arrived to the location, Melina was outside, growing some plants. She is probably trying to find a new way to make the chemical stronger than before, but not for long. "Excuse me, Ms.Vostokoff?"

"How are you?! And what are you all doing here?! How did you find me?!"

"Well, we are the New Avengers and we have been authorized by the Russian government to have you and your husband arrested. Is he home?"

She looked shocked at that fact, but, surprisingly, she seemed to be complicit and cooperative with Tony. "Yeah, he is in the house".

"Ok, surrender now and your charges might be lessened"

"Ok"

"Rhodey and Carol, prepare the handcuffs and arrest". Rhodey walked toward her with his iron gauntlet raised toward her while Carol had the handcuffs prepared for the arrest.

"Turn around and put your hands behind your back!". Melina immediately listened to him. "Knees on the ground!", he commanded as Carol placed the handcuffs on her. They pulled her from the ground and led her toward the jet.

"Hey, what is going on here?! Let go of my wife!". Alexei immediately ran out of the house and tried to attack Carol and Rhodey, but I quickly intercepted and tackled him onto the ground. "Yelena?". I ignored him, then Tony walked over to us and placed the handcuffs around him.

"Nice tackle, Yelena"

"Thanks". He tried to escape from Tony and I, but Josh and Michael immediately stepped in and managed to restrain him and escorted him toward the jet, but not without him putting up a fight. Well, now the easy part is over. Now it is time to find out the location of Dreykov and make sure that he pays for all of his crimes.