Chapter 23 - Part 1

Aroura's Profile

      Darkness. Darkness is a form in which lightness does not take place. It consumes the light until there is nothing but black, nothing but darkness. That is all I felt the next few days or what I think was days. I mean it's not like I have a clock here. I can't exactly remember what had happened to make me pass out. I knew it wasn't good and it had something to do with Jason.

      Jason, Jason, Jason, what have you done now? My wolf was oddly very silent usually she was jumping up and down giving me headaches or blabbering about how 'hot' Jason was. Minutes later I started hearing sounds they were muffled but still they were there. I tried to move my toes, hands, anything, but none of them worked. After another try and another failure I went back to focusing on my hearing.

      Eventually it started getting clearer and smoother. And after a while I could hear everything they were saying. I recognised one voice, Jason? What was he doing here? Did he find me? What was happening?

      " I have to give her space she needs it. We both need it. I'm scared my wolf is going to do something drastic if I don't leave for a while. " Jason voice floated across the room and my heart beat started to beat faster.

      Where was he going?

      " Don't fret Jason she'll be in good hands. " A woman's voice said.

      " Please call me if anything improves. " Jason pleaded softly. I could hear him start to walk to the door and I wanted to jump up and run to his arms and plead for him to stay.

      What was I thinking? Why would I want to run into Jason's arms? Like a nuclear bomb went off I was blasted with memories. I remembered. Everything that had happened. I remembered! I was almost jumping up and down until I realized just what I had remembered.

      I remembered. I suddenly had the feeling to throw up. Sadness crept into my soul and I could feel tears brewing under my eye lids. Why Jason? Why do you have to be such a jerk? I pushed myself harder and tried to move my hand but again got the same result.

     I wanted to scream out in frustration. Why can't I move? Suddenly I felt a very cold towel being draped over my forehead. The heat I had felt building up in me only minutes ago was washed away as, who I guessed the woman, put a cold wet towel on my burning forehead.

      The woman continued to rub the towel across my forehead as she thought to herself. After a while she sighed making Aroura strangely relax.

      " Why did fate be so cruel as to mate you to him? " The woman asked herself, again with a great sigh at the end.

     " I can't imagine the pain he's putting you through. " She told me.

      As my heart ached at her words I couldn't help but think; Why was I fated to Jason? The fates, I've heard, mate only the best people to a Alpha to help straighten them up and bring the good out of their other half. Was I personally picked for Jason or was it pure coincident. Quickly I shook my head clearing my thoughts as a fast and sharp pain pierced the side of my head.

     I tried more on moving my limbs but had no such luck. My fingers twitched in frustration- Wait a minute, I moved! Rejoicing silently I tried again only to be pulled into the black and evil darkness.

***

     When I awoke the next time I wasn't tired like I thought I would be, in fact It was the complete opposite. I felt energized and Inspired. Inspired to do what, I had no clue but I soon was going to figure it out. With my hearing I couldn't detect anyone in this room or any surrounding rooms. I didn't think about it until it struck me; I could move!

     I once again and hopefully for the last time try to move my body or at least any part of my body. And after a lot of different tries I finally moved my leg over a tad. It was working! After the small twitch of improvement it all became easier and I was soon able to lift up my arms and legs.

     Now that I could move, I thought. I need to see where I'm going.

       I worked and pleaded and after probably thirty minutes I was granted the permission to open my eyes. Only to snap them shut in pain at the light of the just rising, morning Sun. Stupid light, I thought sarcastically. Once I was certain my eyes were used to the blinding light of the bright sun, I opened my eyes and looked around.

    While wincing painfully at my movements as I carefully removed the covers to slide off the bed. I took my time to walk over to the mirror Jason had in his bathroom. My mouth opened in shock at what she looks like. I look nothing like what I did before I fell unconscious.

     Before I looked a deathly pale from all the stress and sorrow Jason had put us through, but now it was like I was a different person. My hair was now a healthier looking blond curlier than it had be before. And my complexion looking sharper and more defined then what I think was two days ago, and my body was if possible more muscly even though I didn't work out. But what stood out most was my eyes before they were a dull green, but now they stood out as my vision was better too.

     'What was going on?' I thought as I touched my face and pinched my arm just to make sure this wasn't a dream. It wasn't. I starred curiously at myself in the mirror when I heard the bedroom door open from the other room. 'How could I hear that far?'  I was sure I couldn't do that before. Questions were racing through my mind and I needed Answers quick.