< Chapter 9 >

" Let him go and no one gets hurt. " I snarled as I felt my wolf completely taking over.

" Oh and what's a little girl like you gonna do? Call your mate to come save you, " He taunted, making me let out a feral growl.

" We don't need saving! " I seethe at the man, my wolf completely agreeing.

" Then what are you waiting for? Come and get me. " The man said disappearing in thin air letting the little boy fall to the earth. I ran over to him cradling him in my arms.

" What's your name? " I asked him softly, checking to see if he had been hurt.

" Adam. " He said crying softly into my shoulder, tears running down his small cheeks.

" What's your mommy's name? " I ask.

" Marcy William. " He said quietly sobbing.

" Why don't we go find her? " I said picking up the small little boy.

" Okay. " He said silently falling asleep instantly in my arms.

Standing up, I quickly fixed him in my arms making sure he was comfortable before then walking towards the pack house, where I knew Jason and Noah would be. Surely one of them would know who she was. When the house came into view we quietly walked into the living room where Jason and about fifteen men were. All eyes snapped to ours. Jason furious stomped his way over to me and the small boy.

" Where have you been! " He snarled not noticing the small boy in my arms.

" I went on a run. " I snapped angrily at him.

" You ask before you go anywhere. " He said anger coming off of him in waves.

" I would've but you didn't seem in a good mood this morning. " I snapped sarcastically.

" What is that? " He questions me, pointing to the little boy in my arms.

" Its a burger! " I say sarcastically while rolling my eyes. " What do you think it is ya dork! "

" I will not tolerate disrespect! " He shouted, shaking in rage.

" Then send me back home. You clearly don't need nor want me here. " I seethe at him.

Turning around I got a glimpse of his face he was shocked and hurt. Why was he was hurt? I'm the one being kept prisoner here. I walked to the other side of the house away from Jason's room. Walking to the guest rooms I found one that was pretty small, in it had blue painting on the walls and a window on the other side of the room. Laying Adam on the sheets I leaned over and kissed his small forehead.

I don't know why but I have this connection with Adam ever since I found him. He just seemed so innocent and adorable. I quietly I snuck out of the room, only to turn around and run into someone. I looked up and found a depressed looking Jason.

" Why are you in a guest room? " He asked his voice cracking up at the end

Not knowing what to say I just ignore him, and walked right past him. Going to Jason's room, I knew there would be a few pairs of clothes, frustrated Jason followed me. I quickly grabbed a shirt and some pants then walked strait past Jason and back down to the room Adam was staying in. My mate not very happy with my choice.

When he tried to walk in with me, I quickly shut the door but was too late. He put his hand on the door muttering a simple " It's my house. " Sighing I walked away from the door and over to Adam seeing him fast asleep. Jason standing in the door way looked furious when he saw Adam.

" Why do you have a rogue in here! " He demanded

" You didn't know he was here? " I asked confused