Chapter 40

Jason's POV

"We're Pregnant!" The pack clapped and cheered for us, and in the background of all that noise you could hear Aroura's mom squeal.

'Uh-oh...' My wolf thought. I wrapped my arms around Aroura's waist as Noah took the mike again.

"Like we didn't see that coming." He rolled his eyes before continuing,

"Anyways we gather here today to wish Anthony luck and goodbye when going back to his world. Thanks for coming here tonight and I hope you enjoy the food." He walked down off the stand and walked straight to us, chuckling when Aroura's mom squealed running up to us and pulling us both in a hug.

"I knew I could count on you." I rolled my eyes at her comment before squeezing Aroura's hand, comforting her.

"Mom stop you're embarrassing." Aroura said a groan worthy blush appearing on her rosy cheeks. I pushed down the desire and fisted my empty hand."

"That's what mothers are for," Mrs.Turner said to Aroura with a knowing look. My attention was brought elsewhere when Aroura's father pat me on the back.

"I hope you treat her well," He said making me nod. Another man, whom I assumed was one of Aroura's brothers, walked up to me narrowing his eyes at me.

"You break her heart, you're a dead man Jason." He said making me gulp softly.

"Don't worry she's in good hands." Noah said coming to my defence.

'Thanks.' I mind linked Noah, relieved.

'What are best friends for.' He said smirking slightly. I chuckled before sliding, my arm around Aroura's waist.

"You guys have to come and visit when you guys have the baby." Aroura's mom said making us promise to visit.

"Take care of her." I looked over my shoulder to see Anthony.

"Don't worry sir I will protect her and the child." I said feeling Aroura lean into me.

"Good." He then turned towards Aroura. "I know we haven't known each other long but I want you to know that I love you and your sisters. Aroura if anything happens to me please take care of Iris she's only fourteen, she still has years till she meets her mate." Aroura broke free from my arms and ran to Anthony wrapping her arms around him and embracing him. I had to push down the growl that wanted to escape my throat, he was her father there was no need to be protective.

"Thank you, dad." Aroura said quietly although I could still hear it with my advanced hearing.

"Your welcome." He said before kissing her on the forehead. "Take care of that little angel in you, will you."

"I will," Aroura said, blushing at his teasing. "I'll see you in a few days."

"Of course." Anthony said before surprising me by pulling me into a hug. "Thank you for making my daughter happy."

"It's my pleasure, Anthony." I said before pulling away and going back to Aroura, resuming our position.

"It's nice getting to know you all." Anthony said before walking away.