< Chapter 7 >

The next morning when I awoke Jason was gone and a note was placed in his absence. I quickly snatched the note in my hands, reading it.

'Aurora, I had to go to training and thought you would want to stay home. I'm trusting you to stay by yourself. There's food in the fridge. '

- Jason

My first thought was that he actually thought of me. He was trusting me. Well I definitely wouldn't flush his trust down the drain.

I quickly got dressed in some boxers and a t-shirt and then walked down to the kitchen to eat some cereal. And after eating I decided to explore the down stairs area knowing all the upstairs were bedrooms. The first room I found was a little game room with a few game systems set up. Then I also found a meeting room connected to a office which I found out was Jason's.

I looked around sighing, wondering what I was going to do. Finally I went to the game room and plugged in the Xbox, wanting to play Mine craft, one of the best games ever created, in my opinion. A hour later the phone rang and since nobody else was home, I went to answer it.

"Hello?" I ask curiously.

"Hi my name is Amy and I'm here to offer you a free cruise-" I hung up with a grunt.

"Stupid toll free." I mutter under my breath.

I go to walk out of the room but paused just outside the door way. Looking back at the phone I debated.

Do I call them? I mean they are my family. They deserve to know that I'm at least safe... My mind fought back and forth.

Giving in I dialed my father's number. It rung a few times before my dad's rough voice answered.

"Hello?" His asked sore voice answered with sadness laced in his tone.

"Dad!" I cried.

"Aroura? Is that you!" He asked.

"Yes dad." I laughed while some lone tears ran down my face in happiness.

"I thought they wouldn't let you call anyone." He said.

"I'm here alone." I said.

"They let you stay alone?" He asked slightly confused.

"Yes, but that's not the point; is the rest of the family there, I don't know when the next time I'll be able to talk." I said.

"Just a second... Angelina, boys come here it's Aroura!" He yelled and within seconds you could here them all running down the stairs.

"This isn't a joke right?" I could here Derek ask.

"No, she's on the phone right now." My father said putting me on speaker.

"Mom?" I say my voice soft.

"Aroura! Baby girl are you hurt?" My mother's voice said, concerned.

" No I'm... fine. " I hesitated. " I just don't know when I'll get the chance to talk to you again. "

I whimpered at the thought of never seeing them again.

" Oh Aroura, I was so worried. " She cried

" I- I miss you mom. " I said crying into the phone, tears rolling down my face.

" I miss you too. So much you wouldn't even begin to imagine. " She sobbed.

" I just- I'm sorry. " I stuttered.

" Shh. It's okay It's not your fault. " She comforted me like a mother would to her new born.

" Hello? " The unknown voice rang through the other line.

" I'm sorry honey but we have to go it's very urgent. " My dad said.

" Good bye. " I said tears running down my face. I hung up, putting the phone down back where it belonged.

" You really miss them don't you. " A voice said, making me jump. My head snapped to Noah standing in the door way and I quickly wiped the tears away.

" All the sarcasm and back talking is just an act, isn't it. And your just protecting yourself, but under all that your scared and broken, aren't you? " He asked leaning on the door frame blocking my way out.

" Is it that obvious. " I looked to the floor.

" Well that phone call just proved it. " He said walking over to where I was standing.

" How much did you hear? " I ask

" From stupid toll free. " He laughed trying to lighten the mood alittle.

" You won't tell will you? " I ask my cheeks wet as I looked up at Noah standing a few feet in front of me.

" Don't worry my lips are sealed. " He said bringing a hand up and zipping his mouth closed.

" What are you doing here? " I asked after a minute.

" Jason sent me to get you. " He replied shrugging.

" Okay. " I say looking around the office again. " Where is he? "

" At the training field. " He shortly replied.

" Why does he want me? " I ask

" He never really said. " Noah hesitated, choosing his words carefully as we walked through the forest

" Your lying, " I said bumping into his shoulder playfully.

" How can you tell? " He snorted unattractively.

" You can't keep eye contact with me as you were saying it. " I stated " That mostly means that there's something your not telling me. "

" He said not to tell you, sorry. " He said looking down to the moss covered forest floor while frowning.

" What's wrong? " I ask confused.

" Nothing. " He huffed quite annoyed.

I was about to question him about it, but stopped as we stepped out onto the clearing. To say I was mad was an underestimate, I was furious...