Chapter 10

Jason hadn't left my door all night. I could feel in my heart that he was truly sorry. But at the same time, sorry wasn't going to cut it. I couldn't sleep- I didn't eat. He, my own mate, had slapped me. Now I was broken.

When I was a little girl I used to always dream about when I would find my mate, that we would fall in love and have cute little children. If only I had known it was going to turn out like this. I don't know if I could stand remembering that my beloved mate had physically hurt me. I knew I was making a big deal out of nothing, but to me this was everything.

In the werewolf world mates were the most precious thing there was. They would do anything for each other. If you rejected your mate or abused her, then that was considered treason and people would despise you. Mates were sacred, you were supposed to respect them. And in return you were supposed to submit to the boys.

It was a stupid rule that had been followed by the werewolf community for centuries. But if the male didn't respect you or even harmed you, then that rule didn't have to be followed. But unfortunately some males didn't like that their mate isn't respecting them. So they take matters into their own hands, they get their mate a collar. It's a collar that goes around you're neck It's main purpose is to make the female submit to the male.

They were a stupid thing and most of the werewolves population hated them. Sometimes mates never ended up with each other because of the vile creations. I knew Jason would never mean to hurt me, he just had some anger issues. But now I had to take matters into my own hands.

Quickly looking all over the room I found a boom box with a small iPod nano connected to it. Snatching it I turned it onto one of my favourite song and then started packing a small bag. I knew that maybe in time I was going to regret this un thought out idea. But even if me and Jason work it back into just being friends, It would still take a lot more to even start building a relationship. After packing a bag with some food I walked towards the second story window.

'You can't leave without writing a note. Please he will be heart broken if we leave without saying anything.' My wolf pleaded.

'He'll be broken either way.' I stated.

'Please.' She begged.

Giving into her suggestion I grabbed a small, crumpled, piece of paper and quickly wrote down a small note. After I was done I set It on the bed sheets.

----

I look out the window. I was on the second floor, it would hurt jumping down but I knew that if I didn't leave now I would probably never get the chance again. Jason would no doubt break down the door if I didn't come out by tomorrow. I quickly turned up the volume on the little iPod. Then silently walked over and opened the window. Looking back at the doorway were Jason sat only feet away.

I couldn't help but feel the pain in my heart the more I walk away from him. Trying to ignore the feeling I look out the window again determination set in my eyes. I couldn't stay here, It was stupid that I was making a big deal out of something so small. And that other people had it even worse. But it mattered to her.

Grabbing the bag I quickly jump out of the window trying my best to land softly. Sadly my arm was the first to touch the ground. Hearing the sickening crack I knew I had broken it. As soon as I felt the first wave of pain I quickly covered my mouth with my other hand, Silencing any noise I would have made. Bringing my arm back safely into my chest, I quickly checked it making sure it was alright.

I internally groaned when I saw blood trickling down my arm. I must have groaned out loud on accident because soon enough I heard the thump of people Coming my way.