Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

The ball room practically vibrated with it's excitement and happiness. The people there conversed and chatted away. Noah stood by the drink table lost in his own thoughts. Jason walked up to him and patted his best friend on the back.

"You okay?" Jason asked worried about his friend. He had struggled adapting to the Alpha position in the past months. His back was slouched and the dark spots under his eyes were anything but good.

"Fine, just thinking." Noah answered honestly.

"Nothing bad I hope." Jason said chuckling, but Noah could see the seriousness in his eyes. The conversation ended when Aroura walked up to the two.

"Jason, have you seen Iris anywhere I can't find her."

"The last time I saw her she was by your Aunt Milda." Jason said pointing over by the balconies.

"Okay stay here, I want to introduce her to Noah." Aroura then walked off in the other detection leaving Noah and Jason alone.

"So how has life been in these last few weeks with the presence of royalty." Noah asked trying to keep up conversation.

"Tiring," Jason said exasperated. "I had never realized how much Royalty does."

"And how is Aroura and the baby doing?"

"She's as feisty as ever, and the Baby refuses to stop kicking keeping Aroura awake all night. Aroura's convinced that it's a boy, with all that kicking. But I have a feeling that it's a girl." Noah' eyes looked to Jason's in confusion.

"You decided to wait to find out the gender?" He asked.

"Yeah," Jason said "We wanted to be surprised."

***

Aroura finally found Iris on the balcony talking to a teenage boy a little older than Iris. She laughed at something he said just before Aroura interrupted them.

"Sorry for interrupting." Aroura apologized to the boy. "I need to borrow Iris for a moment."

"No it is me who should be apologizing, my Queen, I have spent a lot of Princess Iris' time." He said bowing to Aroura.

"Nonsense, you can have her back just after. I just want to introduce her to someone. You can tag along if you like." Aroura answered.

"If it is alright with you and the Princess."

"It is." Iris smiled at the boy a slight blush coating her cheeks. Though she was very skinny from be malnourished the past few weeks, and with getting barely any sleep; she still looked beautiful like the daughter of the Moon Goddess.

Aroura led the two kids from the Terence and back into the ball room, making her way to the drink table where Noah and Jason leaned in their own conversation. They walked closer and Aroura called out to Noah. Who turned to her voice.

"Noah this is Iris, my sister." Aroura said. Iris stuck out her hand and Noah shook it. Shocks spread up Noah' fingers, and Iris pulled back at the unfamiliar feeling. She started to pull her hand back but Noah grabbed Iris and pulled her into his chest and let out an ferocious growl that caught the attention of almost everyone in the room. Everyone went silent as Noah held the small girl in his arms.

"Mine."

A/N: This is a little chapter from the next book Barricade which is about Noah and Iris and their life together as mates. I will be explaining about it further so people don't have to read King Of The Rogues to then read that. I have also entered it in the #wattys2016 so go and vote if you like it. Barricade will be up later today so go and read it.