prologue

26th may 1998

Vivanne Rossi has been in labour for 5 hours, she was having a really hard time. Her husband; Stephen Rossi, has been a help by making her smile during the pain. Vivianne was making progress. Doctors kept coming and going to the room to check how many centimetres dilated or to check her vitals.
Their midwife, Nurse Ruth, noticed that the baby is in breech and should be flipped immediately.

- 2 hours later -

The surgery team decided it's best for Vivianne to have a c-section. Stephen was denied access as it could distract the surgeons. Stephen waited for what felt like 3 days for Nurse Ruth to come out of the surgery room. He was expecting to see both of his girls come out, but it was only his baby girl. Ruth told him to sit down in an empty waiting room.

"I am so sorry Mr Rossi. Your wife, Vivianne didn't make it. She lost too much blood whilst getting the baby out. If you'd like to follow me into the room to say your final goodbye to her." Ruth said apologetically.

Stephen whispered into his wife's ear,
"I'll look after our baby myself.. for you. I love you so much Viv, I am so happy that you were my wife for a year. Thank you for the amazing memories you created with me, I'll never forget you."
He broke down crying with their baby in his arms.

3rd december 1998

Melissa Rossi has helped her dad get through the loss of Vivianne. Stephen has met Debbie Mount, Debbie provided the flowers for Vivianne's funeral service. They clicked from their first date "as friends". Debbie loves Melissa like she's her own.

Debbie's unborn son is due in the next month, she's been talking about him to Stephen. Stephen has agreed to become stepdad to him, but the unborn son won't take Rossi as his last name. The three of them moved in together in a nice 3 bedroom house in Portsmouth.

26th may 2003 - the 5 year anniversary of Vivianne Rossi's death

A very happy day, but also a very sad day for the Rossi's. Whilst Melissa is playing with her new dresses and dolls with Mason, Stephen is having a sad time. At midday they went to the graveyard to put some flowers around the grave. Melissa is wondering where her mummy is.

"Why is my real mummy up in the clouds daddy?" She asked curiously..

"Mummy lost something when you were being born, darling" Debbie answered for her dad.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

a/n - hope you enjoyed the prologue <3
i was tearing up writing this, the rest of this book will be in current times with little to no covid. so there won't be lockdowns but just masks! there might be some instagram chapters if i'm super busy!
<333