15

2 months later...
Ben and Melissa are happy as ever.
They've had a checkup on the baby, they're healthy.

"Babe I can barely see my toes now!" Mel shouted.
"Well, it'll be for a good cause," Ben called through Mel's hallway.
"Our appointment is in 40 minutes, we need to get going."

The couple got into Ben's car and headed to the hospital.
They got there in half an hour. They went to check-in at reception.
"Hiya, why are we here?" The kind receptionist asked.
"We have an ultrasound appointment at 11 o'clock, the name is Melissa Rossi." Mel gave the details.
"Alright head to the waiting room, Dr. Lanter will be with you shortly."

The couple held hands, anticipating the wait.
"Ms Rossi?" Dr Lanter called out.
Mel got up, followed by Ben and they both followed the doctor into the room.
"So how are along are we?" The doctor asked, preparing everything.
"We're 4 months, 5 months on Thursday," Ben answered for his girlfriend, who was putting a gown on.
"Let's get started shall we?"

"First we'll check the heartbeat, then we'll check baby's growth; as in how the organs are developing, and if I can see, maybe the gender." Dr Lanter ran through the procedure.
"Can you put it in an envelope? I'm wanting my brother to do it." Mel asked, whilst the doctor was putting the gel on her belly.
The doctor nodded, "are we ready to hear the heartbeat?" He asked.

He positioned the probe and...
The baby's heartbeat was there.
Mel was wiping her eyes, Ben was trying not to break a tear.
"Baby's heartbeat is great!" Doctor Lanter was smiling.

Next, they were going to check the baby's growth.
The baby was perfectly healthy!
"Okay, so now it's time to see the sex of the baby!" The Doctor moved the screen away from the couple.
Mel looked away, as did Ben. They both heard pen scratching on paper, Ben's grip on Mel's hand tightened.

"Alright, we're all done, make sure to give this to your brother Melissa."  Dr Lanter handed the envelope to the girl.
"I will don't worry." Mel smiled, getting her gown off.

The couple left the room, and we're back in Ben's car.
"What do you think the gender of Baby Chilly is?" Ben asked, reversing out of the parking space.
"I kind of want a little girl, to dress her up and have a mini-me. But I also want a baby boy, so I can have a mini-you." Mel looked out the window.
"Yeah, I get you. Well as long as baby is healthy darlin'."

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————

once they got back to ben's

"Babe! Baby's kicking." Mel called.
Ben rushed to feel the kicking. "Aww, they're going to be a mini footy player." He smirked.
"No, they are not!" Mel exclaimed.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————

"Should we have a party with all our friends and families?" Ben asked, whilst he was watching television.
"Sure, should we do it here? In London." Mel proposed.
"Yeah, so it's easy for everyone."
"Can Mase still announce the gender?" Mel asked fiddling with her hair.
"Yeah, but could Jack do it as well?" Ben followed up.
Mel nodded.

Both seemed satisfied.
Time to plan the whole event...

"Should we get a balloon with pink or blue confetti in?" Mel wondered out loud.
"How about like blue balloons with question marks on and then pink ones with them on too," Ben answered.
"Mhm."

The couple discussed anything about the baby, gender reveals and family.
"Can I have a nap? The baby's tired..." Mel looked around the room.
"Of course, but I'm sensing that the baby ain't really tired gorgeous," Ben smirked.
Mel ignored the middle part of the sentence, and just went into his arms.

Ben kissed her forehead, "goodnight gorgeous girl," he whispered.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————

a/n

short chapter today!
won't be active as much as i have been on the weekend :/
hope you had a great day

love katie xox