19

Christmas Day..

Melissa woke up, to see Ben deep asleep. She wanted to wake him up, but she felt bad. He looked too peaceful.
So she decided to make some toast, I mean who'd want a big breakfast before the dinner.
As she was cleaning her mess up Ben appeared..
"What time are we setting off to your parents?" He asked whilst hugging her.
"At ten, the traffic will be quiet so it'll take forty to fifty minutes." Mel mumbled.
"I'll take a shower and pack my bag." Ben kissed his girlfriend and left to go upstairs.

The girl enjoyed her toast. Once Ben got out the master bathroom, Mel made her way to have a shower.
She washed her long locks and washed her freshly tanned body.
She got out the shower after twenty minutes. She made her way to the closet and picked out an outfit.

(just pretend there's a pregnancy bump)

They were in Ben's car with their bags and drove the distance to Portsmouth

They were listening to all the good Christmas songs, by that only 'Last Christmas'.
"Nearly there!" Mel smiled as she saw that her hometown was a mile away.
Ben gazed at her excitement from the side, to show he loved her he held her hand tighter across the gear box.
They talked the rest of the time in the car.

As they pulled up outside her childhood home Mel jumped out and hugged her mum.
"Hiya love," Debbie greeted, "go sit inside, i'll get your dad to help Ben." She smiled ushering her daughter through to the living room.
"Hiya swee-," Her dad got cut off by Debbie forcing him to help Ben.
The two ladies caught up. Their conversations varied from the baby to family friends.

However outside..
The 'men' were talking.
"I want to propose to Mel," Ben looked at Stephen, "do I have your blessing?" He stuttered on his words.
Stephen's face was shocked, "yes, I knew you were the right man for my Melissa." The two men had a man-to-man moment and proceeded to bring the bags into the decorated house.

"So mum, the penguin bag is for you and dad. The snowman bag is Mason's and the Santa bag is nans and granddads." Mel explained to her mum.
"We need to wait for Mase." Stephen looked outside for a sign of Mason's car.
After a while of talking and laughing Mason arrived, "oh hiya Melly." He smiled at Mel.

A short while after he arrived, their nan and granddad arrived!
"Oh! My sweet Melissa, you're gorgeous." Her nan kissed her cheek followed by her granddad.
"Let's open these presents shall we?" Mel exclaimed, excited.
The youngest always got to open presents first, it has always been a tradition.

Mason opened his presents and he got a new PS5 and sauvage cologne.
Melissa was next, she got a travel bag set and a vera wang perfume.
Ben opened his presents of Mel and received versace cologne and Ralph Lauren trainers.
Mason and Mel's parents got a champagne each and a gift voucher for any shop.
Now finally, the elderly couple received a red wine between them and some lovely pansies in a vase.

"Thank you Melissa." The elderly lady thanked her across the room.
Just before the Christmas dinner, Ben decided to propose.
"Um please can I have your attention please?" Ben stumbled over his words and scratched his neck.
Debbie came to stand at the doorway as she was finishing the turkey.
"So, I've wanted to do this for a while now... I've only picked up the courage to do this now," he got on one knee, "Melissa Rossi, will you marry me?" He opened the ring box waiting for Mel's answer.

Mel nodded whilst wiping her eyes, "yes!" She hugged Ben to the best as she can.
The whole room erupted into cheers!
"Come here Melly." Mason opened his arms for his sister.
"Thanks for everything Mase." She whispered into his shoulder.
"Maybe introducing you two wasn't a bad thing after all.." He thought out loud.

The rest of the day the family had a little pyjama / movie night / hang out night.
Ben and Mel went upstairs for bed first as they have to make a journey to Ben's family in the morning.
The two slept soundly..

a/n
hope you all have a great christmas!
stay safe and healthy, see you next time!

love katie xo