06

1:21pm - mel and ben sat at their table

Melissa could not believe that this was happening..
Ben could not believe that this was happening..
Melissa broke the somewhat awkward silence.

"Has Mason told you anything about me that's like gross and weird?" Melissa asked genuinely curious.
"No, he just told me about when you were kids that mason kicked a ball and it broke your nose by accident." Ben laughed
"It's not funny it really hurt." Mel pouted whilst giggling

Oh boy, ben was catching feelings quicker than ever

After a few deep conversations, the waitress came back. Looking at Ben.
Ben was uncomfortable by her, Mel could tell. So melissa put her hand on his hand in a way which is showing to the bitc- sorry waitress.

"What would you like to drink?" The waitress rolled her eyes.
"A Diet Coke for me please." Ben answered looking at the girl of his dreams, Mel.
"Just a pina colada for me." Mel faked smiled at the waitress as she walked off.

A new, kind waiter brought the drinks over to them. Mel kept her hand on Ben's the whole time.
Soon it was time to order the food..

"What would you guys like to order?" The new waiter cheerfully asked.
"A chicken salad with croutons please." Melissa answered smiling.
"And for me I'll have the.. chicken breast burger but without the mayonnaise." Ben decided.
"Your food will be here in 20 minutes guys."

Melissa knew that one of two questions was going to pop up..
She didn't expect them to be on this date.

"Hey, so I wanted to know what happened in your last relationship.. I understand that you may not be comfortable sharing." Ben cautiously expressed.

"No it's fine, I would have to tell you eventually. So when I was 18, so around 4 or 5 years ago. I dated Harry Lewis, from the sidemen. When I was 20 he started to become controlling, that lasted until maybe around Christmas 2019 when Mason made me break up with him. What else would you like to know?" Mel asked with a smile.
Ben felt sorry for her, so he intertwined his fingers with her from across the table.

"I know that you and mason haven't talked about this to me, but can you explain your parents' story.. I understand if you don't want to say." Ben carefully said.

"So when my mum, she was called Vivianne Rossi, was giving birth to me.. they had to perform a c-section to deliver me safely. My real mum lost too much blood whilst they were getting me out, luckily I survived. When I was around a month old my dad met Mason's mum whilst him and his family were planning the flowers for Viv's funeral. Then they got married when me and Mase were 3 and 4." Melissa said with emotion.

ben was silent, why? he never knew that'd be his best mate and date's family story..

Ben stayed silent, feeling almost sorry for Mel and Mase.
The 20 minutes was soon complete when the food arrived.
The food was Instagram-worthy, unfortunately neither of them remembered to take a picture.. oops

2:23pm - the duo is bonding

Melissa looked down at her lap, tears pricking her eyes.
"Mel? What's wrong?" Ben asked genuinely caring.
Melissa couldn't find her voice to answer, so she just shrugged to response.

naturally ben thought he did something wrong.. but it clearly wasn't that

Ben decided that will probably be best to go back to his car so his date could spill her heart out.
"Come, let's go to the car and then you can tell me there darling." Ben suggested leaving his hand out for Mel to hold.
Melissa instinctively nodded, but she felt butterflies..?

Once they got to the car, Melissa instantly burst out crying. Ben supported her arm with his palm, waiting for Mel to tell him.
"I'm sorry.. I just felt vulnerable after opening up about myself. I just feel like that if we ever got into an argument or something that you'd.. use that against me." The girl quietly answered.

"I obviously would never do that, I like you too much to go against you like that. I would never do that to you or mason." Chilwell comforted her.
"Come on darlin', let's go back to yours. I'll stay the night if you want..?" Ben added.
Melissa got butterflies again.. she's only just figured out why. Anyway, Melissa nodded.

3:47pm - home

Melissa unlocked her front door and guided Ben to the cozy living room, that's been featured on her Instagram.
"What would you like to drink?" The girl asked quietly.
"Just a water with ice." Ben smiled.
After Melissa got her hot chocolate and Ben's water.. with ice, she sat on the other side of him.

"What would you like to watch on tv?" Melissa asked looking at her hands.
"Whatever you want." Ben answered kindly.
"Ok.. let's watch 'The Masked Singer'!" Melissa grinned happily.

ben was happy that mel was now happy

After the second advertisement break, Ben broke the silence..
"I'm sorry for asking you them questions earlier." Ben sympathetically said.
"It's fine.. well I would've had to tell you eventually. I just feel a little vulnerable right now." Melissa said whilst looking at Ben.

"Come here, into my arms. If you fall asleep.. I'll stay here with you." Ben opened his arms.
Mel said nothing and scooted over.

8:03pm - someone walks in and.. sees ben and mel asleep

"Mel? Where are you..  I've got something for ya'. Melissa Rossi?" A familiar voice echoed?
They person walked through to the living room to see Ben and Mel sleeping together not like that
"Oh.. Mel are you awake? Ben are you awake? Helloooo?" The person shook Melissa, the subject of their visit.

Melissa stirred in Ben's arms, who was that shaking her awake?
'How long was I asleep for? Is Mason here? What is happening?' The girl thought.
She finally opened her eyes..

———————————————————————————————————————————————

a/n - cliffhanger ;) I wrote a lot after England v Hungary so I didn't really have much to finish
This is over 1000+ words-
Have a great day or night <3

Love from katie xo