05

8:30am - 1st august 2021

Melissa woke up from her alarm going off. Sighing, she got up and went straight for a shower.
After her shower, she packed the clothes that she wanted to wear back in London aswell as some essentials.

The girl said goodbye to her parents, brother and her doggy.
"Bye mum and dad," she said whilst hugging them.
"Bye mase," she mumbled into mason's shoulder.
"Bye bye Ruby doo." She said picking the dog up.

10:56am - the a3 road

Melissa successfully got onto the A3 without traffic. She basically knew the way on the back of her hand, she blasted her Spotify playlist 'to london we go'. Mel kept thinking about him.. Ben chilwell. She was buzzed for the date but she was scared that she'd get stood up.

She couldn't wait to see Ben, her friends of course and her best friend, dani's baby.
'Ben seems like a really nice guy, let's hope he isn't toxic..' thought mel

———————————————————————————————————————————————

what's ben thinking?

He has NOT stopped thinking about Melissa. You'd think that they're together by how much he thinks about her. He wants their date to go perfect, maybe even a little goodbye kiss..
'No, that's too soon,' he thought. But he'd totally be up to have goodbye kiss.
Don't tell Mel that..

Mel was the first thing he thought about when he woke up, she was the last thing he thought about when he closed his eyes at night.. she's the first person who he thinks of when talking to his parents.
Ben's mum is stoked that her son is going on a date with a nice sounding girl.

Ben hadn't felt like this since high school.. butterflies whenever he thought about her.
When he asked about his possible girlfriend's love life, she seemed to just brush over it, maybe she'll open up on her date.

Or so he thought..

———————————————————————————————————————————————

let's get back to mel, she's entering london

Mel soon remembered her love / hate relationship with London's traffic, why couldn't she have just got a train there and back?
She navigated through the piled up traffic back to her town-house in Kensington, and parked her cream mini-cooper opposite her front door!

She unlocked her front door and took her shoes off, and went straight up to her office/spare bedroom to to check her recent essay results..
A*
Mel jumped out of her seat and cheered.

She immediately shared the news to her family, friends and.. Ben.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

melissarossi ✔︎: I JUST GOT AN A* ON MY ESSAY I WROTE BEFORE I LEFT LONDON ❤️

benchilwell ✔︎: omg ! i'm so happy for you xx

melissarossi ✔︎: please DONT tell mase x

benchilwell ✔︎: your secret is safe with me xx ;)
delivered at 1:16pm

———————————————————————————————————————————————

Melissa's heart just experienced palpitations.. did she see that right?!
';)'
Mel instantly knew that he wanted her.

Maybe she could try some hard to get..
That won't go down particularly well, will it?

Their date is tomorrow.. TOMORROW..
Melissa was a wreck, she dry shampooed her hair and shaved the necessary areas that will be on show.
She put a avocado face-mask on and read a 'Vogue' magazine until she checked the time.
5:49pm

Melissa soon realised that her own brother didn't know she was going to go on a date with Ben.
Eh he'll find out on instagram..
Mel was too nervous to eat so she just headed to bed to overthink this whole situation.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

9:07am - 2nd august 2021

Melissa had only 6 hours sleep, Ben was picking her up at 1pm from her house.
That was the perfect amount of time to do everything from makeup to getting dressed and everything else that a girl would need to do before a date.

12:53pm - waiting for ben

Waiting for someone is never fun, especially when you're about to go for a date with them.
Around 5 minutes later, the sound of Ben's car engine came in front of her house. Ben knocked on the black, wooden door and waited for his date to answer.

Ben was shifting around nervously.
What if she sent him the wrong address?
What if she's still in Portsmouth?

Soon enough, she answered smiling.
"Wow, you look- amazing.." Ben looked her up and down.
"You don't scrub up too bad yourself Chilwell." Mel stated blowing a kiss.

Ben blushed hard and went to open the passenger door for his date.
Before he knew it he was already driving to the restaurant.

1:18pm - they're at the restaurant

"Table for two, under the name Chilwell." Ben told the waitress.
"Follow me guys," the waitress winked at Ben.
Melissa felt jealous.. why?

———————————————————————————————————————————————

a/n - heyy hope you enjoyed this
i apologise for the cliffhanger lol
i wrote like 3/4s of this at night where my ideas really get flowing 💀
hope you have/had a great day!
time finished: 12:06am - 02/09/21
<33

the restaurant chapter will be up tonight!