02

29th july 2021

It was the day, the day Mel met her long time crush.. ben chilwell.
Mason could tell by how his step sister was acting she was nervous.

"You alright Mel?" Mason asked carefully,
"Uh, yeah. Thanks mase.." The girl answered unsurely.

Melissa was wearing a simple black, cropped turtle neck with some plain 'mom' jeans. Mason was making her hurry up as it was nearly 11am.
The three were going to meet and have brunch at a cute little restaurant in London at 12pm. Mason was quite excited to have both his best mates meet each other properly, Melissa on the other hand was absolutely dreading it.
She felt butterflies when she was spraying her signature perfume on herself.

"Mel, come on!" Mason shouted up the stairs. Soon later his sister was running down the stairs kissing her dad's cheek on the way.
Whilst they were driving on the on A3 road, they were singing one direction songs.

12:04pm

Mel and Mason arrived to the cute restaurant, and Mason spotted Ben in a far corner. He dragged his step-sister to the table his best mate was at and introduced them both to each other.

'He's even better looking in person..' Mel thought when shaking Ben's hand.
"Hiya Melissa, Mason has told me a lot about you." Ben affirmed
The girl shot a glare to her brother.

Ben and Melissa chatted about their lives whilst Mason was left out of the conversation. Mason was glad that his sister and Ben were getting along really well. But he was kind of upset that neither of them will want to spend time with him after instantly clicking.

2:27pm - the trio leave

"It was lovely meeting you Melissa." Ben smiled.
"Thank you, it was lovely meeting you too. But please call me Mel." The girl blushed.
"Bye Chilly." Mason said whilst bro-hugging.

*benchilwell ✔︎ has followed you*
*benchilwell ✔︎ has liked your post*
*benchilwell ✔︎ has commented "😍🔥" on your post*

When Melissa opened her phone, she didn't expect.. her longtime crush to comment on her post. The girl didn't think this was real.
'Did Mason give him my Instagram? Does Mason know his best mate has commented?' All kinds of thoughts were rushing through her mind. Before she knew it they were back at their childhood home.

"Hiya mum, I'll take the dog out." Melissa rushed out, she needed to go somewhere quiet to think about the thoughts.

Mason thought that his sister was acting strange. So he decided he'll come with her, even if she says no.
"Hey I'll come with you too." Mason rushed to get his coat on.
"No, you don't need to.." Mel got interrupted by her brother 'dragging' her out the house with the dog.

"Something's wrong Melly." The younger one enquired.
"There isn't, well there is. I should just tell you because you'll get off my back about it."
"So Ben followed me on Instagram.. then liked my recent picture of our holiday a few years ago.. and commented the heart eyes and fire emoji.." Melissa said whilst fidgeting with the lead.

"Oh.. he said that he doesn't know your Instagram, and I promise you with my whole football career I haven't given him it." Mason stopped and looked at his sister.
"I know and I trust you. Oh he might've searched my name.. but he doesn't know that it's double-barrelled?" Melissa questioned herself followed by a sigh.

Mason could just tell that she fancied Ben, it's pretty obvious. Or that might just be because he's known her all his life, who knows. Mason was truly her best friend, he got her out her toxic relationship, he was there for her when she got bullied in year 9, he was there for her every year when it was her birthday.. her mum's death day.

Anew chapter was opened for all three of them.

———————————————————————————————————————————————

a/n - only one chapter today, i'm going to get some of my school stuff
3 more days until england are back on tv!
have a great day / night
<33